GOZ/XSI

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Nizar

Re: GOZ/XSI

Post by Nizar » 26 Oct 2010, 11:22

From the above Pixolator quote, it is clear (I'm not english, and my Language is really poor) Pixologic never release other GoZ (fro other app) and they expect interested company (or software users) develop GoZ for their software. Did I understood correctly?

I appreciate Jester effort, and this is a wonderful thigh someone put so much effort (and doing so mush support on this little nice application called GoSoftLite), but I tried Goz for Modo, and it work in smooth, complete and faster way. I think Autodesk must loudly request (or develop itself) XSI Goz

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Oct 2010, 12:16

I think you read the quote correctly. I wouldn't give up hope entirely, however, as the worldwide Softimage community has proven time after time to be a resourceful bunch, as is evident from j3st3rs GoZSoftimageLite. It might take some time before someone releases an full addon based on the SDK, but I'm quite confident someone eventually will...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Nizar

Post by Nizar » 26 Oct 2010, 12:51

it is bad there is not interest from autodesk about.
In any case, the only reason I can abandon XSI for modo is GoZ (a shame a major app like XSI don't receive this type of support)

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Oct 2010, 19:48

The fact that Autodesk isn't all that interested isn't very surprising to me as ZBrush technically still can be considered a competitor to their very own Mudbox. Spending valuable resources at increasing the interoperability to competing products is not normally the way one runs one's business.
;)

Nizar

Post by Nizar » 26 Oct 2010, 19:58

Agree, never considered this point... but don't use Mudbox (and, I think, don't exist nothing similar to GoZ for Mudbox, or not?

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Oct 2010, 20:01

I don't use either, but the Mudbox equivalent to GoZ seems to be MudWalker.

Bellsey

Post by Bellsey » 29 Oct 2010, 12:00

The equivalent to GoZ for Mudbox, is the 'One-Click interop' that we introduced with Maya and Mudbox 2011. And we're looking at trying to hopefully bring this type of workflow to the other products as well, for example the Maya>Softimage interop.
Essentially it's FBX that's doing all the hard work, but it works pretty well. But even without the one click option, Mudbox now supports FBX, so you can export from Maya, Max and Soft anyway. :)

With regards GoZ specifically, its not that Autodesk are not interested in it, its basically not our product or technology. It belongs to Pixelogic, so naturally they're the best ones to work on it.