Mechawhales Animation IV: Last Stand of the Mechawhales

Comments on finished work
hauke

Mechawhales Animation IV: Last Stand of the Mechawhales

Post by hauke » 05 Nov 2014, 18:04

Here is my new Mechawhales animation. In this latest chapter of the Mechawhales saga the Whale-Human-Alliance faces its greatest threat yet. A whale-alien hybrid cloned from Mechawhales DNA. Made with Softimage and After Effects.

Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Draise

Re: Mechawhales Animation IV: Last Stand of the Mechawhales

Post by Draise » 08 Nov 2014, 18:39

hahaaha that was great. I love the final still sculpt at the end, and the way you animated the landing of the big bad boss. The style is very cool - great render trick! Also, the whale mech suits are the best.

Though, as I'm learning animation, I'd work a bit more on holding your poses a bit, and adding a bit more arc, or ease-in/out to how you move things. But I'm a noob, and really I'm just impressed you did it! Very cool. :D

hauke

Re: Mechawhales Animation IV: Last Stand of the Mechawhales

Post by hauke » 08 Nov 2014, 20:06

Draise wrote:hahaaha that was great. I love the final still sculpt at the end, and the way you animated the landing of the big bad boss. The style is very cool - great render trick! Also, the whale mech suits are the best.

Though, as I'm learning animation, I'd work a bit more on holding your poses a bit, and adding a bit more arc, or ease-in/out to how you move things. But I'm a noob, and really I'm just impressed you did it! Very cool. :D
Thanks! I am happy you like it. And you are right about the animation. I am more of a modeler then a proper animator to be honest. But I hope on day to improve my skills. :-)
Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
Check out: http://mechawhales.com/