Softimage 2015 is somehow marked as installed, even if it's not in my machine.

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
apr403

Softimage 2015 is somehow marked as installed, even if it's not in my machine.

Post by apr403 » 12 Nov 2022, 15:58

TLDR: I uninstalled SI 2015 in 2020, and now in 2022 when I want to reinstall it back, SI 2015 is somehow marked as installed.

Around 2019, I tried messing around with the trial version of SI 2015, to which after the trial ended, I kind of just left it in my machine until a year later, when I uninstalled SI 2015, and just forgot about Softimage in general.
Fast forward to last month, and I wanted to see if I could make something good-looking in a few days, then I remembered the 30-day trial of Softimage, and wanted to see if I could make something there in that span of time. So I scoured the internet for the original setup files, found and downloaded a setup file for the Softimage Entertainment Creation Suite 2015 (SIECS 2015), scanned it for malware and viruses (it was safe), and then proceeded with install normally. However, for some reason, SI 2015 is somehow marked as installed, and I checked the Apps & Features of Windows, it wasn't there. I downloaded CCleaner and wiped all issues and unused data in the registry, still marked as installed.

Link to screenshot: [add https:// at the top because the link is somehow bugged] (drive.google.com/file/d/1SzE5dvdoppt4j55Y6FVX0NF6spLII1Gz/view?usp=share_link)