Silo is alive

News concerning 3D DCC business
NNois

Silo is alive

Post by NNois » 19 Apr 2021, 22:35

Incredible, after so many years.
I always considered Silo as a LW Modeler Continuity (we always tought modo was it but that was not the case)

McNistor

Re: Silo is alive

Post by McNistor » 25 Aug 2021, 02:24

By "LW" you mean lightweight? I ask because it could be confused it with LightWave.
I'm curios whether there still is a market for a such an application since most do a lot more nowadays, not necessarily very well and at a higher price point, granted.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

NNois

Post by NNois » 31 Aug 2021, 17:54

you're right I meant Lightwave ;-)
At the time when LW was killed (devs gone... .. yup another DDC killed in my life) I tested many alternatives like this one Silo+Messiah Studio, good combo ;-)
Silo had this go straight feeling just like LW modeler

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 10 Sep 2021, 17:25

NNois wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 17:54 Silo had this go straight feeling just like LW modeler
Didn't you forget something? :)
I think XSI is the queen of "no f-ing around" type of poly modeling solution. At least when compared to 3dsMax, Maya and Houdini, I don't have experience with other 3d DCCs.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides