UV Packer for Softimage

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
Shekn

UV Packer for Softimage

Post by Shekn » 10 Mar 2021, 16:00

Download here: https://ssoftadd.github.io/uvPackerPage.html

This addon is a bridge between standalone application for uv packing and Softimage. It works in the same way as the similar addon for Blender (https://www.uv-packer.com/blender/). Moreover, it use the same application for packing. The workflow is the following:
1. The user select any number of polygon meshes and select the command Get - Property - Texture Projection - UV Packer
2. The addon gather required information from selected objects and runs standalone application with this information as an input data
3. Packing uvs inside the application
4. Return new uv-coordinates back to Softimage and apply it to selected objects

At present version of the addon the export stage (when the addon gather the information about selected objects) takes the most time. Actual packing is musch faster. It's because the addon use the pure Python API, and getting data about scene objects is quite slow. May be I will rewrite export stage into c++ in the future, but I don't know when.

gaboraa

Re: UV Packer for Softimage

Post by gaboraa » 10 Mar 2021, 18:29

I tested Uv packer for Blender a while ago and found it awesome, one of the best solutions for UV packing out there. Now it works in Softimage, thanks a lot :-bd

benoit81

Post by benoit81 » 15 Mar 2021, 09:47

Thank you ! Works fine. Great UV results.

Surface_VR

Post by Surface_VR » 11 Apr 2021, 09:30

Thank you !
It's baked as NodeUserNormal, but how do I bake it as a texture projection?
Right now, the solution is to overwrite NodeUserNormal with the appropriate texture projection in ICE

Surface_VR

Post by Surface_VR » 12 Apr 2021, 14:11

I tried a few times and it fixed it.