Softimage Protest film

Announcements concerning cooperation, job offers or job requests
sirdavid32

Re: Softimage Protest film

Post by sirdavid32 » 28 Feb 2015, 02:46

Yes please. Restart this project over. Contact people who already has developed cool stuff. There are tons on softimage.tv
Cheers.

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 28 Feb 2015, 21:58

sirdavid32 wrote:Yes please. Restart this project over. Contact people who already has developed cool stuff. There are tons on softimage.tv
Cheers.
It is alrdy restarted! Re worked scenario is on draft now, we are jumping on a new thread pretty soon (with new name). Leaders are going to make attempts to bring in more people. Thanx for reminding me about Soft.tv a good place to find exeptional artists. We are also going to send a massive wake up call on the previous team (61 ppl), at some point, but tbh , we should do this after we have a solid core team. Having a core team is vital, new ppl will feel safe to join in a project that have certain structure and goals.

Also do not hesitate to call artists-friends, that can fit in these spots in the core team:
  • PRIO : A Lead Concept Artist (This guy will unify the style of the project, with hes drawing skills, he will be responsible for the concept art, for characters and environments. A lead concept artist, is giving a first glance on the final thing, so in our case he will be indirectly a director with hes camera angles in the storyboard )
  • A Lead Animator (Responsible for Skeletons, rigs, weights, animations etc)
Finally we are always looking for contributors and members of teams, dont enter skill yet, just make some noise. We just need to populate our list of contacts for start.

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 02 Mar 2015, 15:50

How can I participate? How can I prpepare something in advance until all the pieces are together in your project, so I can also contribute?
Thanks.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 02 Mar 2015, 21:49

We are establishing resources and a neat / realizable script, and we will approach a wider audience (only) once we have a final script (and tasks to assign) but you are welcome to join in the discussion, I'll include you (and others who posted here) in our subsequent posts. Cheers!

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 02 Mar 2015, 22:06

Progress:

Scenario is on draft alrdy

+

I can now say for sure that we are focusing on Redshift for rendering. (So many cuda cores im gonna cry)

--

Also i have to thank Sirdavid at this point cause he where the one that bumped this thread and hes alrdy willing to contribute.

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 03 Mar 2015, 07:10

mc_axe wrote:Progress:
I hope the scenario is satirical enough to touch the hearts of stone and shows the damage that had been done, just wishing for that :)

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 03 Mar 2015, 17:08

:)] Welcome Fareed Nagy to the core team.

Fareed Nagy is now Lead modeler, modeling & sclupting leading roles are now united.

Fareed used to be the most active modeler in the previous attempt.

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 03 Mar 2015, 17:47

gaboraa wrote:
mc_axe wrote:Progress:
I hope the scenario is satirical enough to touch the hearts of stone and shows the damage that had been done, just wishing for that :)
Its more a sci fi dramatic/action metaphor, but we rly aim for what you just said:
to touch the hearts of stone and shows the damage that had been done :)
But dont worry cause funny momments will make fine contrast in it. We will make our points clear but we will also visualize some of our emotions and thoughts and we cant leave that bad mood outside. During the decision and after. But this whole mood might change progressively. Depenting on the action B-)

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 04 Mar 2015, 06:06

:-bd

caledonian_tartan

Post by caledonian_tartan » 04 Mar 2015, 09:52

I'have not enough time to pick a lead spot, but if you submit an up to date list of what you need, I'll do my best to work on the project when I can.
+1

i'd be happy to join for some tasks. (Generalist)
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 04 Mar 2015, 17:59

Jump on the new thread here:

http://www.si-community.com/community/v ... =26&t=5774

Moderator edit: I took the liberty of closing this thread, in favor of the aforementioned new one - HB