ALICE

Comments on finished work
Francky

ALICE

Post by Francky » 19 Jun 2013, 18:37

Hi guys, I'd like to present a small short we, at Frame Studio, just finished.
A big thanks goes out to the guys at Redshift, as this was the render engine for this project.
And a thanks to this forum also, as it's how I heard about it. :)

I was CG supervisor and technical director on this project and I'd love to have your feedback.

enjoy.

Falam

Re: ALICE

Post by Falam » 19 Jun 2013, 20:35

Cute. Nice Work, different !

angelous4x

Post by angelous4x » 19 Jun 2013, 23:08

I seen also the making of this. Great work. you have a great team working with you.
the red shift render is just so great. i have a short i am working on that i will be using redshift as well. might not look as good as this ;)

Look forward to see more work for you guys.

Draise

Post by Draise » 20 Jun 2013, 18:53

Very nice work, Redshift looks like a great engine, love the style, very creative. =)

How long did the production take? Were you all a big team?

Francky

Post by Francky » 20 Jun 2013, 20:19

Thanks for the comments guys.

To answer your question Draise,

The production time we had for this project was quite big, as we had 8 weeks to do it.
Which was great, as the usual time frame in commercials is 4, which means bigger teams, bigger stress and the work suffers.
Because of the time frame, it allowed us to have a smaller team and take the time to do everything just right.
Thanks to Redshift's speed, that also meant never being afraid to re-render shots to fix any small detail.

Part of the work was done with outsourcing and part was done with in house production. In all we had about a total of 10 people on it. (This includes pre-prod and comp)

I had a blast working on this project, beside my role as CG Sup, I was very hands on on this project, as I also did texturing, lighting, rendering and some comp.
The learning curve for redshift was pretty much nil, as it's physical shader works very similarly to V-ray.

This project also allowed me to meet new talent I hadn't worked with before that where just awesome and I hope to work with them again in the future :)