vertex wheigth max bone

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
yashugan

vertex wheigth max bone

Post by yashugan » 10 Feb 2021, 15:38

hi every one, just a question:
There is a way to set the max influence bone for every vertex to a limited number of bone?
I'm rigging stuf, but when i use "whight smooth" the function add also near bones influence and my max 4 bone limit is lost.
Or if there is a script that cut out the less valout whight from all the bones out of the limit... (for example, i have a VERTEX wighted on 5 bones, the bone wqith less value should be changed to 0...)
Some on know somwthing? thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS: i tryed the BLENDER keymap like XSi, and is very very good, but in the end... the XSI workflow still the best.
:D

Mathaeus

Re: vertex wheigth max bone

Post by Mathaeus » 11 Feb 2021, 13:49

There's ''enforce limit'' input field in Weight Editor, you have to put some number and do something with weights, then it should enforce the limit. It could be active as long as you're working with weights. Well, at least something like that - unfortunately that's my memory, not everyday experience. Feature was introduced around XSI 5 or 6, I think.

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 11 Feb 2021, 14:25

Thank for the answer, ENFORCE LIMIT work only to higlight vertex with more bones assigned from your imput number. But it don't fix . Any way thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 11 Feb 2021, 15:12

It should fix them as well, by pressing the button or by some weighting operation when is active (active= some number is present in input field). I used this option for game export, it worked.