Need a plugin developed

Announcements concerning cooperation, job offers or job requests
Maximus

Need a plugin developed

Post by Maximus » 17 Nov 2020, 13:51

Hey guys, i would need a particular tool and i was wondering if someone would code it for me.

What im talking about its a "morpher" like the 3ds max one, you can check what it does here

its mostly used in conjunction with a skin wrap.

is anyone able to create this, being an operator, an addon or an ICE tool.

Can you contact me with the price required please? have no clue how much it would cost

thanks.

NNois

Re: Need a plugin developed

Post by NNois » 18 Nov 2020, 10:40

Hey,
Let's face it... this tool is so easy to built in Houdini, deforming by points, or uv or whatever.
Anyways... isn't just a deform by point built in softimage ?

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 18 Nov 2020, 17:41

There IS one "deform by UV" tool in this site's resource section
Dig a little more, maybe you will find a "deform by point", which I think is not that difficult.

http://www.si-community.com/community/v ... f=19&t=996

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 18 Nov 2020, 20:58

NNois wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 10:40 Hey,
Let's face it... this tool is so easy to built in Houdini, deforming by points, or uv or whatever.
Anyways... isn't just a deform by point built in softimage ?
im sorry, where is this "deofrm by point" in softimage?

luceric

Post by luceric » 19 Nov 2020, 22:23

maybe he meant softimage's shrinkwrap?

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 19 Nov 2020, 22:29

luceric wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 22:23 maybe he meant softimage's shrinkwrap?
that thing is a complete disaster, unusuable, everytime i use it it produces so many distorted mesh, actually never once i got a decent result with extremely low res geometry, imagine with a geometry like the one i've posted in the video, subdivided and dense.

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 19 Nov 2020, 22:50

Not tested yet, but that Deform by UV above not working?

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 20 Nov 2020, 00:02

nevermind i think i'll just do it with 3ds max, there is absolutely nothing in softimage that produces the same result with 2 clicks on dense mesh.
I tried deform by UV but the workflow is crazy and im not even be able to finish it.

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 20 Nov 2020, 11:35

Unfortunately yes, there is no easy solution in Softimage. Do you guys know any equivalent in Blender?

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 21 Nov 2020, 19:21

Maximus wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 00:02 nevermind i think i'll just do it with 3ds max, there is absolutely nothing in softimage that produces the same result with 2 clicks on dense mesh.
I tried deform by UV but the workflow is crazy and im not even be able to finish it.
I just test that "deform by UV", and it is really a "2 click" solution
Just one ICE node on the poly you want deform
off course another "several click", If you source polygon has UV seems to cut, like arms example in the original thread

There is even an menu command "DeformByUV_Plugin.rar" somebody wrote on that same thread, to make it even simpler to use.

deform by uv.jpg
deform by uv.jpg (82.35 KiB) Viewed 7315 times

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 22 Nov 2020, 17:32

opoppopopp wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 19:21
Maximus wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 00:02 nevermind i think i'll just do it with 3ds max, there is absolutely nothing in softimage that produces the same result with 2 clicks on dense mesh.
off course another "several click", If you source polygon has UV seems to cut, like arms example in the original thread

There is even an menu command "DeformByUV_Plugin.rar" somebody wrote on that same thread, to make it even simpler to use.

deform by uv.jpg
thanks for taking the time, but unfortunately i can not make this work. there is some step im missing. i've read the thread many times but it never works for me.
can you please add a detailed step by step description how you achieved this? this thing is driving me nuts.

Here is the step i take:

1) create a flat plane, add UV on it, and select the border edges, then right click on them > create cluster. Rename the cluster into "Cutline"
2) create a chain vest geometry
3) go to model > create > ppoly mesh > "create deformed by uv mesh" plugin and select the plane created at step 1.
4) i found myself having a grid_uv_model with inside "Grid_uv_Mesh - Model_this - Result_on_Mesh (which is a clone).

i cant find a way to deform my created chain vest and link it to the geometry plane.

p.s. i think i solved it

i managed to get it to work but with a lot of problems, first place there are some issues where you place the geometry, it needs to be on top of the UV mesh. Second the pivot poing, you need to reset and freeze the transformation else it gets distorted

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 23 Nov 2020, 16:15

Maximus wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 17:32

deform by uv.jpg
thanks for taking the time, but unfortunately i can not make this work. there is some step im missing. i've read the thread many times but it never works for me.
can you please add a detailed step by step description how you achieved this? this thing is driving me nuts.

Here is the step i take:

1) create a flat plane, add UV on it, and select the border edges, then right click on them > create cluster. Rename the cluster into "Cutline"
3) go to model > create > ppoly mesh > "create deformed by uv mesh" plugin and select the plane created at step 1.
4) i found myself having a grid_uv_model with inside "Grid_uv_Mesh - Model_this - Result_on_Mesh (which is a clone).

i cant find a way to deform my created chain vest and link it to the geometry plane.

p.s. i think i solved it

i managed to get it to work but with a lot of problems, first place there are some issues where you place the geometry, it needs to be on top of the UV mesh. Second the pivot poing, you need to reset and freeze the transformation else it gets distorted

Try my best to simplify the process, take the example of your first video

you have two pieces of polygon
low poly source object(e.g. cloth simulated)
high poly "will be deformed by UV" object(e.g. chain)

Add "UV Deform On Cacher" ICE tree OP on low poly source object (simulated or normal, just must be ON TOP OF your other operators in the stack)
Add "UV Deform On Mesh" ICE tree OP on high poly "will be deformed by UV" object, and plugin your source low poly source objectas a source.

That "UV Deform On Cacher" only flatten your source object according to its UV(still deformed just been flattened on-the-fly), so that you can PLACE whatever object on it.

In the original post, the author use 4 objects, he duplicated the source object, and clone the deformed object.
those additional steps just provide more flexibility to the workflow.

P.S. that "1-click" menu command version, is just batch these same step

check this video 👇
deform by uv.gif
deform by uv.gif (1.17 MiB) Viewed 7276 times

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 23 Nov 2020, 19:46

opoppopopp wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 16:15
Maximus wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 17:32

deform by uv.jpg

Here is the step i take:

p.s. i think i solved it

Try my best to simplify the process, take the example of your first video

you have two pieces of polygon
low poly source object(e.g. cloth simulated)
high poly "will be deformed by UV" object(e.g. chain)

Add "UV Deform On Cacher" ICE tree OP on low poly source object (simulated or normal, just must be ON TOP OF your other operators in the stack)
Add "UV Deform On Mesh" ICE tree OP on high poly "will be deformed by UV" object, and plugin your source low poly source objectas a source.

That "UV Deform On Cacher" only flatten your source object according to its UV(still deformed just been flattened on-the-fly), so that you can PLACE whatever object on it.

In the original post, the author use 4 objects, he duplicated the source object, and clone the deformed object.
those additional steps just provide more flexibility to the workflow.

P.S. that "1-click" menu command version, is just batch these same step

check this video 👇
deform by uv.gif
Thank you again, it works on a fairly flat model but with something a bit more complicated it never produces a good result at all. Maybe i am doing something wrong, hence i prepared a scene file for you, i can not make it work, if you have spare time i would like you to try with these objects because i can not get it to work correctly.

i will attach a scene file and the objs in case you can not open that scn.

here are the obj on external website cause i couldnt attach them here due to size: https://easyupload.io/y3cqbv

there are 2 objes named TopPart and Details_HDMesh. I need the Details_HDMesh slapped on top of the TopPart.
it never works for me.

NOTE that the obj dont have the Cutline on edge borders so you have to manually add them. The scene file instead has them alread done.
Attachments
UVDeform.rar
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 23 Nov 2020, 20:54

you have to modify your high poly model, so that it is fit the entire flattened source object i.e. fit the uv (just like you texture that top object)

bellow I just extend and boll that high poly object, although the result is wrong, but the principle is same.

top.gif
top.gif (352.66 KiB) Viewed 7257 times

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 23 Nov 2020, 21:12

opoppopopp wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 20:54 you have to modify your high poly model, so that it is fit the entire flattened source object i.e. fit the uv (just like you texture that top object)

bellow I just extend and boll that high poly object, although the result is wrong, but the principle is same.

top.gif
can you please share that scene?

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 23 Nov 2020, 21:18

Maximus wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 21:12
opoppopopp wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 20:54 you have to modify your high poly model, so that it is fit the entire flattened source object i.e. fit the uv (just like you texture that top object)

top.gif
can you please share that scene?
this is the deformed top poly obj, the scene file is really nothing fancy, I just quick and dirty modify that high poly to make if fit and then "deform if by UV" :(
https://easyupload.io/uh0545

BTW. don't forget that "cutoff distance parameter" in UV Deform on Mesh node, in case the high poly is too thick. (not in this case)