General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
xsi_fanatic

Re: Softimage Keymap for Blender

Post by xsi_fanatic » 06 Sep 2020, 11:35

MKXSI wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 14:39
xsi_fanatic wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 12:28
MKXSI wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 09:25

Yep, u can drag with middle mouse on render tree and on ice tree too
btw, i installed the keymap on 2.9 and works very well, wheel on outliner works but in the other way, wheel doesnt work on the file browser neither the scroll bar... I also noticed that when selecting components, f key (fit to selection) doesnt work...
Thanks again for your amaizing work
So I'm trying out the drag function in the Shader Editor. Now in XSI, the middle mouse selects the entire hierarchy of the nodes. I'm guessing this is what you were trying to achieve ? The Middle mouse doesn't drag anything in the Render Tree except for the node heirarchy selected with the Middle Mouse. I'm still searching to see if it exists in Blender. I need to dig in.

Either way let me know if I understood you correctly.

Thanks
XF
Sorry for the mmissunderstanding. i ment middle mouse drags backgorund

Hi man,

I just fixed the problem plus added many more hotkey fixes. You can download the latest version (version 3.0) at the top of the page.

MKXSI

Post by MKXSI » 07 Sep 2020, 14:46

xsi_fanatic wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 11:35
xsi_fanatic wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 12:28

So I'm trying out the drag function in the Shader Editor. Now in XSI, the middle mouse selects the entire hierarchy of the nodes. I'm guessing this is what you were trying to achieve ? The Middle mouse doesn't drag anything in the Render Tree except for the node heirarchy selected with the Middle Mouse. I'm still searching to see if it exists in Blender. I need to dig in.

Either way let me know if I understood you correctly.

Thanks
XF

Hi man,

I just fixed the problem plus added many more hotkey fixes. You can download the latest version (version 3.0) at the top of the page.
Aww yeah! working great

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 08 Sep 2020, 01:37

MKXSI wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 14:46
xsi_fanatic wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 11:35

Hi man,

Aww yeah! working great
Cool man ! I ran into some bugs, but this is Blender's fault. So I'm in the process of filing a bug report.
Basically, if you want to switch editing modes in objects other than polygon meshes, you will be unable to do so. For some odd reason Blender is not saving the custom keymaps I am assigning and keeps disabling them.
But if all you're working on are polygon meshes for now then you should be fine.