How to convert a polygon to wireframe object?

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
jerry7

How to convert a polygon to wireframe object?

Post by jerry7 » 26 Jul 2010, 11:34

hi, 3dsmax has a operator that can convert a polygon to a wire frame object from it's edge structure. Is there same thing in softimage?

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: How to convert a polygon to wireframe object?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Jul 2010, 11:38

Not sure, but you could try "Wiremaker" @ rray.de.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 26 Jul 2010, 13:02

You could try Wiremaker, WireD or use the capture method wich i believe is the best and you can use whatever look you like.

Basically you make a screengrab of your viewport with antialias openGL activated, set the resolution output and save the image as.tif, then you make an ambient occlusion pass and mix them in PS.

example:

Select your vewport, click the Little camera icon near the "eye" button, select "Start Capture"
Set your preference here and dont forget to check the "OpenGLAnti-Aliasing (multi-pass).
Also remember to remove the gizmo handle and everything you dont want in your viewport since it captures your viewport and everything in it.

Thats regarding the render itself, if you want instead geometry based on wireframe, you could try with wiremaker as Hirazi said, or i think this is possible with ICE but it would require a bit more of workbut i'm not that good.

jerry7

Post by jerry7 » 27 Jul 2010, 04:25

I'v tested the Wiremaker, it worked well ! Thanks for replies!