laptop video driver issues

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
kajico

laptop video driver issues

Post by kajico » 25 Jul 2010, 08:46

Hello first time poster, but I'm curious about this too. I installed a trial copy of 2011 on my Asus laptop which uses the intel 4 video driver. I've updated and downgraded the driver and I keep getting really bad viewport renders. I was going to install a trial copy of 7 and 2010 to test it out but I was wondering if anybody else has also had these issues.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: laptop video driver issues

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Jul 2010, 10:34

Hi,
I've moved your post to a more appropriate forum.
You're probably due to the fact that your laptop has an integrated graphics card.

Things you could try are:
setting the environment variable "XSI_EMULATE_OPENGL" to 1.4
by adding the following line to your "setenv.bat"

Code: Select all

set XSI_EMULATE_OPENGL=1.4
Use the User Tools utility or a text editor to modify the setenv.bat file in the Application\bin subfolder of the directory where Softimage is installed.
If your graphics card driver has an option to control the way "anti-aliasing" is handled,
be sure to set this to "application controlled" (or something sounding just like that)
(see here)

It is, however my understanding integrated graphic cards generally do not work (properly) in conjunction with Softimage. Good luck... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

kajico

Re: laptop video driver issues

Post by kajico » 25 Jul 2010, 10:50

thanks a mill that did the trick, I was googling this and just couldn't find the issue. Couldn't figure if it was versioning issue or just a known bug. Thanks again :)