(NOOBIE) - How to add Ice Compounds to Library sidelist?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Draise

(NOOBIE) - How to add Ice Compounds to Library sidelist?

Post by Draise » 04 Nov 2015, 20:58

The title says it all, I am new to ICE, I know some basic concepts, but I'm getting more into it. I assume if I know ICE well enough, getting into Fabric Engine wouldn't be an issue.

But first things first, workflow.

How do I save an ICE compound I've exported into the sidelist (so I can search for it easily over and over again?)

I know how to add them to menus, and I know how to drag them in, or to import them - but how do you save it to the list on the side?

Mathaeus

Re: (NOOBIE) - How to add Ice Compounds to Library sidelist?

Post by Mathaeus » 04 Nov 2015, 21:57

Once compound is created, go to 'compound properties', using RMB over compound (or something else). In 'Tasks' field, type something like
my infinite exaggerators/force plane emitters
Give meaningful name to compound, export compound in folder recognized by SI, like some Workgroup, or Users\\\\\Softimage_2017\Data\Compounds. Maybe you'll want to create the 'Compounds' folder.
Now in side list, you should see folder called 'my infinite exaggerators', sub folder called 'force plane emitters', with your compound inside.

If you downloaded ICE compound, and it has something in 'Task' field, it's enough to paste into mentioned folder.
When exporting compound, if there are other compounds nested inside, make decision, to embed them or not.

Draise

Re: (NOOBIE) - How to add Ice Compounds to Library sidelist?

Post by Draise » 04 Nov 2015, 22:59

Hehe, infinate exaggerators, Softimage 2017... :D

Thanks on the tip! I'll implement them immediately.