Guidelines

Discussions about si-community.com. You can post here as a guest.
Letterbox

Guidelines

Post by Letterbox » 22 Jun 2009, 14:31

Can someone think about this...

How about it says Guidelines...rather than Rules.

Much more user friendly :D

owei
Administrator

Re: Guidelines

Post by owei » 22 Jun 2009, 14:40

...a good point, Terry..!

I´ve changed that ;)

cheers,
oliver

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 22 Jun 2009, 15:43

owei wrote:...a good point, Terry..!

I´ve changed that ;)

cheers,
oliver

Thanks for being so open to accept it, can i just add the it still says it, on the right of the front page, i don't know if you can change the subject.

I'm just impressed .. that bangs it done.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Jun 2009, 16:01

Wow, nice that you changed it so quickly, owei!
Now please change it back... 8-}
Or at least change it to "rules & guidelines", as there are most definitively some "rules" in that section that aren't mere "guidelines" and you can't really ban someone for not following the guidelines, while you can ban someone for breaking the rules... ;)

I'm all for a friendly community, but let's not make it too cuddly... [-x
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 22 Jun 2009, 17:55

Hirazi Blue wrote:Wow, nice that you changed it so quickly, owei!
Now please change it back... 8-}
Or at least change it to "rules & guidelines", as there are most definitively some "rules" in that section that aren't mere "guidelines" and you can't really ban someone for not following the guidelines, while you can ban someone for breaking the rules... ;)

I'm all for a friendly community, but let's not make it too cuddly... [-x

Yes you can ban someone for not following the "guidelines", because it's about personal responsibility. Yet understanding by saying that, your stating there is flexibility incorporated for unforeseen situations.

Rules are not about responsibility, they are driven by fear of consequences, they are orders are to be followed regardless of sense or sensibility.

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 22 Jun 2009, 20:15

...my 2 cents:
..honestly I don´t really care, if one will call it "rules" or "guidlines". For me, it´s clear, that those lines of text, how ever you call them, give some certain definition of what should be and what should not be. I have at least to decide (as the one who´s at least responsable for all that stuff posted here), and the moderators of course, who does not respect those definitions...
Personally I had some big problems with communities, in which moderators left no opportunity to point to the forum "rules"...those sites where "overmoderated" in my eyes...and at least I left them...
I made my thoughts about that and changed the "rules" to "guidelines"...and of course can someone be banned by NOT respecting the guidlines...never the less, the person will get warned, before his/her account will be banned..but..perhaps we will have to define some "laws" in the future ;)

cheers,
oliver