Viewport Problem

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
KLONOA WORKS

Viewport Problem

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 24 Nov 2014, 02:34

Hi,
my only problem is the viewport :-\
is there a plug in or easy way to see objects and support everything like AO alpha Normal etc... I want to see how it looks most my work will be for games.

in 3ds max the view port realistic is really nice and I can view everything so it will give me idea how it looks the result.

in softimage the viewport still poor even the transparent give me strange result especially if building environment i see the objects in strange way so
I need to turn of transparent -_-

I see some use rel time and the result quiet fantastic like Final fantasy or metal gear

so anyone share how I mange to make A good viewport

FXDude

Re: Viewport Problem

Post by FXDude » 24 Nov 2014, 15:24

Are you referring to, or if not, have you tried the HQV? Also, which ver are you using?

KLONOA WORKS

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 25 Nov 2014, 10:14

FXDude wrote:Are you referring to, or if not, have you tried the HQV? Also, which ver are you using?
I tried but the HQ slow and the result is bad am using 2015.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 25 Nov 2014, 15:15

Slow perhaps (the first time it translates shaders, then translating only changes)
but results shouldn't be at-all bad, and are in fact virtually (visually) identical to Mental Ray, even for complex trees.
Transparency, reflection maps, bump maps, shadow maps, angle dependent things (like sheen or reflection) using incidence, mixing/masking textures, minus of course Area Lights, with access to most render tree nodes.

Of course using a live AO which is highly sampled (for it to look good) will make things crawl,
but AO (and soft shadows) will look good with high sampling, while we're talking about seconds instead of minutes,
but still that would ideally be baked if you're looking for interactive speed.

Otherwise there are many CGFX shaders that you can just drag in the render tree, some would work, some won't (or parts of them)
but you wont find any that support things like AO, shadows, or dynamically generated reflection maps.

Otherwise I have used a skin shader that supported a bunch of things (not using it for skin), so let me know if you like me to fetch it, or at least it's name.

But if you could give more details of what you are looking for (as a look or effect?)