choosing what texture to show in viewport

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
druitre

choosing what texture to show in viewport

Post by druitre » 01 Nov 2013, 12:49

When I set up a material with multiple texturemaps, connected over multiple nodes each with their own settings (advanced>number of repeats), I notice that the viewport seems to randomly pick one of those to display in 'textured' mode.

Is there a way to tell Soft which one to use for display?

Maximus

Re: choosing what texture to show in viewport

Post by Maximus » 01 Nov 2013, 14:12

dont have Soft in front of me right now but, open the render tree, select the material you want, open the rightmost node PPG (the orange one labeled "material" so to speak) go to the "OpenGL Display tab" and under "Texture Selection" switch from "Track Render Tree" to "Track Shader" and pick the image you want.

This wasnt needed time ago, i dont know what changed over time and with latest releases. I remember in the past you wouldnt need to do this, it always picked the image connected to the diffuse port. Unless i'm remembering wrong :)

caledonian_tartan

Post by caledonian_tartan » 01 Nov 2013, 14:25

here.

i also think the that it would make much more sense if softimage would display the diffuse port as default.
it seems like it displays the lowest connected texture. on the other side, the diffuse port is almost for all shaders (mental ray/vray/arnold) at the top... [-(
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

druitre

Post by druitre » 01 Nov 2013, 16:00

Ah, that's what I was looking for, much appreciated.