Victory of Samothraki 2017

Comments on work in progress
mc_axe

Victory of Samothraki 2017

Post by mc_axe » 15 Jan 2017, 21:40

My fav statue attempt #2 after pretty... long time, first attempt was 1300 polygons with NM , for an RTS game, horrible result. :p (zbrush wasnt even popular yet).

My goal now is to send this base-model in a sculpt app for the details, and proly add later final touches with substance or smthing. I want a goldish/bronze material statue with pretty dark bronze cavitys. I wont follow the original statue (its preety warn off anyway and damaged) so many things are left to imaginaition. So like most ppl ill end up with different style (and i want that actually).

I wont spent much more time on polymodeling within SI, hopefully i will find free time to complete this (some day), still a chalenge for me. I really love this statue for many reasons .I also live pretty close to the place that it originated from. The fearsome island of samothrakkeee xD!

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Victory of Samothraki 2017

Post by Hirazi Blue » 16 Jan 2017, 08:16

Very impressive! ^:)^
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 18 Jan 2017, 03:44

Seriusly i have no idea what im doing, watched the first random begginer zBrush tutorial y/day to refresh my memory about how to use zbrush super weird ui, used liek 2 brushes so far,, lies 3 (standart move and clay buildup with no mask), was going really quickly without much thinkin, just to check if what i did in the base model is enough, but now i start to like it, damnit xD.

Byt y i need to start it again fresh anyhow need to populate the feathers in all sides
And maybe im about to add a visible feet in the back (L foot), cant deside on that :-?

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 12 Jun 2017, 21:03

my 750 TI on heavy duty :P