tennis_ball.jpg [ 230.74 KiB | Viewed 6381 times ]
Hey guys, so I see its been almost a year since the last one, wow time flies. Here is the new version of my grass compound, or compounds I want to share with you
. I split it up into a main compound and separate compounds to control colour, delete by volume, and animation.
Features and fixes
- Main UI simplified.
- Points get deleted if strand length = 0.
- Height map has a contrast function so in some cases you can use that instead of having to repaint the map weights.
- The way the strands are bent has been rebuilt, the previous method had twisting problems on curved surfaces.
- Colour compound has been fixed so that it displays the texture map in the viewport, before you could only see it at render time.
- Added a delete volume compound that deletes strands inside or outside a chosen object. It deletes the whole strand if any part intersects with the volume.
- Added animated wind wind compound that uses turbulence, and you can choose any direction between 0-360.
Zybrand_Grass_3.rar [35.96 KiB]
Downloaded 768 times
If you need more info on how to use it checkout the old post here
I'll also post a video on the workflow later in the week.
There might be bugs so let me know if anything is broken.