Nickelodeon: Days Of Future Past

Comments on finished work
dwigfor

Nickelodeon: Days Of Future Past

Post by dwigfor » 12 Oct 2014, 21:17

Hi guys,

We had an art show for the Dora And Friends crew and I decided to try to update my 3d model of Nickelodeon into Unreal Engine 4. Some of the old before they remodeled (and painted it mostly sterile white), some of the new (SpongeBob was removed from the painting and replaced with a statue from a cruise ship). After 2 months of breaking everything into separate fbx files, importing into UE4, uv everything, physbox everything, learn ue4, start understanding blueprints (ICE is definitely helpful with that), start learning PBR materials, upping the poly count on some of the old models (love the curvature feature on subdivide edges!), modelling and texturing a bunch of new stuff, and finally packaging it all up into a .exe file.

I also created some mini games, modding some of the sample content for UE4.. Dora Pirate Adventure (get to blast enemy pirate ships!), Third person view, Drone piloting inside and out of the studio), and a side scroller game (first try at creating sprite sheets).

Next thing I want to learn and incorporate is Quixel Suite and Substance Designer/Substance Painter.

Enjoy,
-Dave

Alen

Re: Nickelodeon: Days Of Future Past

Post by Alen » 12 Oct 2014, 21:19

congrats, quite an project you did.