owei
Administrator

Fabric Engine 2 is available!

Post by owei » 30 Sep 2015, 17:21

Hello there!

Fabric Engine 2 is available!!

Download and register here:

http://fabricengine.com/

Fabric Engine is a digital content creation platform that enables anyone to build powerful tools and applications for VFX, Games, Virtual Reality and Visualization. Fabric Engine comes with a visual programming system that enables artists and developers of all levels to take advantage of an execution engine that handles complex tasks like multithreading and GPU computing. This core platform provides the foundation for the various components required for building 2D and 3D content creation tools, all of which can be integrated within existing production pipelines.

Draise

Re: Fabric Engine 2 is available!

Post by Draise » 30 Sep 2015, 17:43

Hmm.. they changed their free evaluation setup for the 50 free seats plan. Now there is actually a trial version with some quite.. awkward limitations without the license; and a hefty team, studio and unlimited licensing models.

The evaluation with a 15 second lag every 15 minutes I think would make me throw a keyboard through a monitor, good trick to keep liscenses registered, lol.

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 30 Sep 2015, 17:50

Please supply all of the following information so that we can automatically generate an Evaluation License key for you. The Fabric 2 software will run without a license, but will pause for 15 seconds every 15 minutes and will display a pop-up reminder to obtain a valid license. Licenses for earlier versions of Fabric will not work with Fabric 2.

You must agree to the terms of the Fabric Engine Software License Agreement in order to receive an Evaluation License key.
So, you get an individual license for free. The limitation you mentioned is WITHOUT any license file. This is what I read here ;)

cheers,
oli

anhungxadieu

Post by anhungxadieu » 30 Sep 2015, 18:16

waiting for it for a long time! :ymhug:

Draise

Post by Draise » 30 Sep 2015, 18:58

owei wrote: So, you get an individual license for free. The limitation you mentioned is WITHOUT any license file. This is what I read here ;)

cheers,
oli
Yep, I think I mentioned that. :p Still a great deal, I love full working evaluations.

Is this version with Canvas?

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Sep 2015, 19:02

The promo video is superb IMHO! ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

FabricPaul

Post by FabricPaul » 30 Sep 2015, 19:56

Just a quick addition of the blog as that has some 'what next?' info going on: http://fabricengine.com/fabric-engine-2-is-here/

Regarding licensing - that's how we were for the first three years. It's not unreasonable to ask people to register for a license to use Fabric for free. The license generation is automated, so it's not like we're vetting people ;)

Looking forwards to hearing what the ICE veterans think.

Draise

Post by Draise » 30 Sep 2015, 20:23

Agreed, I just was wondering where the Fabric 50 offer went. ;)

I am glad this version has Canvas now, awesome stuff. Looking forward to the other 3D authoring packages. I certainly hope Blender will be spliced. Might have it's quirks, but it's node system is really really nice - lots of workflow tools that are really handy to use.

FabricPaul

Post by FabricPaul » 30 Sep 2015, 20:26

The Fabric50 offer is still there - nothing has changed on that front. I think it's just listed in the 'Get Started For Free' section at the bottom of the Get Fabric page...

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 01 Oct 2015, 00:35

Just registered and I'm downloading now. If I'm to learn the more technical stuff, may that be with Fabric. :D

El Burritoh

Post by El Burritoh » 01 Oct 2015, 02:23

I registered for the free personal license and got the license, but I don't see where to download the 2.0 installer. Should I expect an email with a download link or what?

(nevermind, I found the installer)
-Tim Crowson
High Nerd, of the Order of Magnetic Nerds
Personal Website

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 01 Oct 2015, 03:10

El Burritoh wrote:I registered for the free personal license and got the license, but I don't see where to download the 2.0 installer. Should I expect an email with a download link or what?
Here you go Tim! ;)

[ Edit ] Just saw that you found it!
Attachments
down.jpg

El Burritoh

Post by El Burritoh » 01 Oct 2015, 03:15

Yeah, but earlier that gave me an installer for 1.15.3. I have since found the one for 2.0.0.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to look through a camera loaded from an alembic file...
-Tim Crowson
High Nerd, of the Order of Magnetic Nerds
Personal Website

Robertl

Post by Robertl » 01 Oct 2015, 10:38

Hi Paul,

Linux installer seems to be missing Softimage plugin.Are you guys going to add it or is it going to be maya only? Also what about modo for linux?

Cheers,
Robert

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 01 Oct 2015, 12:13

Does the one free license allow you to work with Softimage and Maya both or is it limited to one DCC?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!