Spin Ninja - Game Promo

Comments on finished work
xsi_fanatic

Spin Ninja - Game Promo

Post by xsi_fanatic » 21 Sep 2016, 11:59

Hello Softies !

I just published my first game on Google Play, and here's the Promo Video.

All done in Softimage and rendered with Redshift.

Enjoy ! ^_^

McNistor

Re: Spin Ninja - Game Promo

Post by McNistor » 21 Sep 2016, 18:14

Ha!
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

Daniel Brassard

Post by Daniel Brassard » 21 Sep 2016, 20:00

Nice game, nice concept. Funny advert.

Good luck Sense!
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 22 Sep 2016, 10:17

Daniel Brassard wrote:Nice game, nice concept. Funny advert.

Good luck Sense!
Hahaha ! Thank you ^_^

A rating on Google Play would be much appreciated !

Daniel Brassard

Post by Daniel Brassard » 22 Sep 2016, 14:43

Rated.

The quality of the graphic is very good. The game is simple to pick up and addictive. The game mechanics work well on my Android phone, smooth animation, good sound effects.

For a first game on Google play, Well done. And free, Sweet!

Suggestions for the next iteration,

* Add various ninja weapons such as stars, blow darts, grappling hooks, ninja bombs ... or rubber chicken (maybe). Each weapon could have a multiplier that, if you succeed, multiply the points of the target with the weapon multiplier.
* The target could be randomized a bit in size as the user reach higher level. Each size could have a different point ratio
* For higher level, the number of time you are allowed to hit the master ninja could be reduced
* The ninja get a bit more angry if you hit him more than once in a row, still keeping it cleaned for young children obviously.
* For some level you could have a timed challenge, say 10 knifes to hit the targets in 7 seconds. The targets have various sizes and points. You get the points for every successful hit, deducted points if you hit the ninja.
* Do you have limited number of weapons in your arsenal? If yes, showing what is left of your arsenal inventory in the UI would be helpful. A way to gain more weapons would add to the user experience, allowing them to reach higher level of ninja goodness.
* You could have goals oriented goodness based on the points a user would get (novice, yellow belt, orange belt, green belt, etc.) You could do that by comparing the rate of hit or high point count versus total throws, at 0% you are a rubber chicken, greater than 0% but below 10% your are a white belt (novice), 10 to 20% you are a yellow belt, 20 to 30% an orange belt, etc.

Cheers and good luck.
Last edited by Daniel Brassard on 22 Sep 2016, 22:10, edited 7 times in total.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 22 Sep 2016, 18:34

Congrats on completing your game and great promo! I will have to check it out. Best of luck to you and I hope it works out well for you too!

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 23 Sep 2016, 10:52

Daniel Brassard wrote:Rated.

The quality of the graphic is very good. The game is simple to pick up and addictive. The game mechanics work well on my Android phone, smooth animation, good sound effects.

For a first game on Google play, Well done. And free, Sweet!

Suggestions for the next iteration,

* Add various ninja weapons such as stars, blow darts, grappling hooks, ninja bombs ... or rubber chicken (maybe). Each weapon could have a multiplier that, if you succeed, multiply the points of the target with the weapon multiplier.
* The target could be randomized a bit in size as the user reach higher level. Each size could have a different point ratio
* For higher level, the number of time you are allowed to hit the master ninja could be reduced
* The ninja get a bit more angry if you hit him more than once in a row, still keeping it cleaned for young children obviously.
* For some level you could have a timed challenge, say 10 knifes to hit the targets in 7 seconds. The targets have various sizes and points. You get the points for every successful hit, deducted points if you hit the ninja.
* Do you have limited number of weapons in your arsenal? If yes, showing what is left of your arsenal inventory in the UI would be helpful. A way to gain more weapons would add to the user experience, allowing them to reach higher level of ninja goodness.
* You could have goals oriented goodness based on the points a user would get (novice, yellow belt, orange belt, green belt, etc.) You could do that by comparing the rate of hit or high point count versus total throws, at 0% you are a rubber chicken, greater than 0% but below 10% your are a white belt (novice), 10 to 20% you are a yellow belt, 20 to 30% an orange belt, etc.

Cheers and good luck.
Thanks Daniel, I appreciate your feedback. Actually you're not the first to suggest those features, especially with limiting the amount of knives. I'm definitely taking it into consideration, along with your other comments.

-Jason

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 23 Sep 2016, 10:53

Rez007 wrote:Congrats on completing your game and great promo! I will have to check it out. Best of luck to you and I hope it works out well for you too!
Thanks man ! Be sure to rate, like, comment and share ! :)

Enjoy !

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 27 Sep 2016, 16:50

Reviewed and enjoyed! Cheers!
Yes, it is addictive. :)
Great game mechanics.

Best regards!

Draise

Post by Draise » 27 Sep 2016, 19:23

Ah! I should play this one. What game engine did you use? Mind I ask?

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 28 Sep 2016, 00:36

sirdavid32 wrote:Reviewed and enjoyed! Cheers!
Yes, it is addictive. :)
Great game mechanics.

Best regards!
Thank you Sir ! The game is still in its infancy. I do plan to add more elements and content to it once I get enough feedback, which will give me a better sense of direction. :D

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 28 Sep 2016, 00:38

Draise wrote:Ah! I should play this one. What game engine did you use? Mind I ask?
I used Unity.

Please give a rating and feedback. Honesty is more appreciated, if you feel the game is lacking in anything, make mention of it.

Cheers
Jason

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 28 Sep 2016, 10:58

A detailed "making of" would be nice... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 29 Sep 2016, 03:04

Hirazi Blue wrote:A detailed "making of" would be nice... ;)
Will do so when time permits. I got a ton of work to finish atm.