Motion Trail on viewport -Version Up

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Motion Trail Tool 1.5Author: taro
With this custom tool you can visualize and edit trails of fcurve animated objects directly in the viewport. Like with all custom tools this must be mapped to a hotkey.

The recent updates includes these features: Fix Bug about neutral pose and pivot Fix Bug about keyboard shortcut Add option "Don't deselect when you click on empty space" Add option "Display only limited frames" Manipulator ( Global Translate only ) Insert Key by Middle Click Remove Key by shortcut Delete Break Tangents by shortcut O Auto Slope by shortcut Shift+A Context Menu by Right Click Fixed Bug ( when parent animate, it was weird ) Slope Size by shortcut PageUp and PageDown Change Custom Preference Faster than v1.2 ( maybe ).

See this thread for a discussion on v1 of this plugin. The author has since created his own thread on si-community (link below) to facilitate the upload of his updates - this new thread is also recommended for new posts.

local backup: MotionTrail_v1.5.zip

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
taro

Re: Motion Trail on viewport -Version Up

Post by taro » 01 Nov 2012, 16:37

Hi, I put v1.4 on first post. Try it. ( It took long time to fix it. )

And someone added links about Visual C++ 2010 [Redistributable].
I really appreciate it :)

i.animator

Post by i.animator » 01 Nov 2012, 23:03

Woot! downloading and installing. Thanks again Taro!

mjd3d

Post by mjd3d » 08 Nov 2012, 09:19

Hi

When I'm trying to Compile The Code I got this message:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\cstdlib(24): error C2039: 'exit' : is not a member of '`global namespace''
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\cstdlib(24): error C2873: 'exit' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

taro

Post by taro » 09 Nov 2012, 15:43

I don't know. I didn't have the errors.
I googled the errors, I could see many pages to say about them.
If you haven't solved the problems, try to do like the pages.

mjd3d

Post by mjd3d » 09 Nov 2012, 21:05

I got new error messages:

1>Link:
1> Creating library D:\MotionTrail_v1.4_Sources\x64\Debug\MotionTrail.lib and object D:\MotionTrail_v1.4_Sources\x64\Debug\MotionTrail.exp
1>Arrow.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glEnd referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Arrow::Draw(void)" (?Draw@Arrow@@QEAAXXZ)
1>Manipulator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glEnd
1>MotionTrailClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glEnd
1>Trail.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glEnd
1>Arrow.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glVertex3d referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Arrow::Draw(void)" (?Draw@Arrow@@QEAAXXZ)
1>Trail.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glVertex3d
1>Arrow.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glBegin referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Arrow::Draw(void)" (?Draw@Arrow@@QEAAXXZ)
1>Manipulator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glBegin
1>MotionTrailClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glBegin
1>Trail.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glBegin
1>Arrow.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glColor3d referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Arrow::Draw(void)" (?Draw@Arrow@@QEAAXXZ)
1>Manipulator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glColor3d
1>MotionTrailClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glColor3d
1>Trail.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glColor3d
1>Manipulator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glVertex2d referenced in function "public: class XSI::CStatus __cdecl Manipulator::Draw(class XSI::ToolContext &,class XSI::CRef,double)" (?Draw@Manipulator@@QEAA?AVCStatus@XSI@@AEAVToolContext@3@VCRef@3@N@Z)
1>MotionTrailClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_glVertex2d
1>Manipulator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glCullFace referenced in function "public: class XSI::CStatus __cdecl Manipulator::Draw(class XSI::ToolContext &,class XSI::CRef,double)" (?Draw@Manipulator@@QEAA?AVCStatus@XSI@@AEAVToolContext@3@VCRef@3@N@Z)
1>Manipulator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glEnable referenced in function "public: class XSI::CStatus __cdecl Manipulator::Draw(class XSI::ToolContext &,class XSI::CRef,double)" (?Draw@Manipulator@@QEAA?AVCStatus@XSI@@AEAVToolContext@3@VCRef@3@N@Z)
1>Trail.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_glPointSize referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Trail::Draw(class XSI::ToolContext &,bool)" (?Draw@Trail@@QEAAXAEAVToolContext@XSI@@_N@Z)
1>D:\MotionTrail_v1.4_Sources\x64\Debug\MotionTrail.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:03.22
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I want to ask you about the program do you use to compile the code?

thank you...

origin

Post by origin » 09 Nov 2012, 21:09

you need to link opengl32.lib

taro

Post by taro » 10 Nov 2012, 05:09

Like origin said, you need to link opengl32.lib.

I used Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express to compile them.

mjd3d

Post by mjd3d » 10 Nov 2012, 18:35

Thank you Origin and Taro.
It's working now. :ymapplause:

taro

Post by taro » 11 Nov 2012, 06:14

glad to hear it. :)

geoath

Post by geoath » 16 Nov 2012, 15:11

Taro thanks a lot for this useful tool!
I don't know if anybody else faced this weird behaviour though:

-create a null and and animate it (e.g frames 1 -5 -10) with translation and rotation keys (important: rotation key values must be no zero to repro my problem).

-Now go to frame 5 (which is a keyframe) grab the point of the motion trail on this frame and translate it: in my case the rotation of the null goes to 0! if i go back or forth one frame, the null returns to it's original rotation value though.

Note:this doesn't happen if my timeline cursor is not on the keyframe i want to alter via the motion trail (e.g my timeline curson on frame 4 instead of keyframe 5). i used the latest version of the addon, didn't notice this behaviour in the previous version.

Isn't it weird? :(

taro

Post by taro » 17 Nov 2012, 15:49

Thanks, geoath.
I confirmed it now, it's weird.
I think I made a mistake when I fixed a bug for v1.4.
I think I can fix it, but I can't build it now, so wait a minute.
I will upload new version in Monday or Tuesday.
Thank you for letting me know. :)

taro

Post by taro » 20 Nov 2012, 17:15

I uploaded a new version, it is just a bug fix. Please try it out.

tuna

Post by tuna » 28 Nov 2012, 00:13

Hey Taro, this plugin is insanely awesome, thanks for doing it!

There is one feature which would be really cool to add eventually:

Right now the tool works pretty well showing the path of constrained objects, and even objects constrained with keyframes on the constraint as well, along with its blended result! What would be nice is if we could edit those curves (which belong on the constraint) when cnsComp, or the constraint itself is selected. For instance a position/pose constraint. It's just a suggestion.

taro

Post by taro » 28 Nov 2012, 18:10

Thank you for a suggestion.
I don't use cnsComp very often, so I can't even answer if I can make it or not now.
Maybe I have to understand how to use it first, so I'll try to use it as long as I can.
But I don't have animation task recently... :(
Anyway, thank you. :)

Helli

Post by Helli » 05 Dec 2012, 15:54

GREAT TOOL !

Absolutly awesome.

Okey to add some feedback too:
It's about manipulating key slopes. Works fine except if u want to manipulate the slopes of key which is on the frame you are at the moment.
So if you got a key on frame 5 and u are on frame 5 manipulating the slopes of this key will behave wired.

taro

Post by taro » 05 Dec 2012, 17:11

Thank you for feedback. :)
I thought I fixed it and checked it in v1.5. But it is wired, indeed. What did I do....?
Okay, thanks. I'll fix it in next version.