Why don't gather founds like blender to pay plugins for XSI?

Announcements concerning cooperation, job offers or job requests
Mathaeus

Re: Why don't gather founds like blender to pay plugins for XSI?

Post by Mathaeus » 05 Mar 2014, 10:27

xsi_fanatic wrote:
While you continue to amaze us with Kristinka, I have to say your tool lacks proper explanation and a video tutorial.

1- How to install the plugin and get started with it
2- A comprehensive video on how to use it to generate long hair, and create simulation.

Is there anything I can do to help make that video tutorial possible ?
Thank You kindly for nice words
1: well , no big deal to put everything into xsi addon or something
2: about simulation, I think it would be better from my side, to supply the setup for attaching guides to curves, a kind of Frenet frame interpolation along curves as well. Should be much simpler setup, than one with mesh stripes. Together with necessary changes under the hood, in order to get it to work smoothly. Current structure, actually, isn't friendly in case of self-collision.

Long video tutorials - no hope for my side. If anyone else have plans, great.

As I already said, I hope this will happen during (this) summer. Right now, my free time is occupied by Maya, as I already know how I'll be able to utilize this knowledge. Now I believe I become a Cylon before few years when I played intensively with 3Delight. Anyway this date is irrelevant, now , as they activated me gently, just few weeks before yesterday.

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 06 Mar 2014, 01:55

Mathaeus wrote:
xsi_fanatic wrote:
While you continue to amaze us with Kristinka, I have to say your tool lacks proper explanation and a video tutorial.

1- How to install the plugin and get started with it
2- A comprehensive video on how to use it to generate long hair, and create simulation.

Is there anything I can do to help make that video tutorial possible ?
Thank You kindly for nice words
1: well , no big deal to put everything into xsi addon or something
2: about simulation, I think it would be better from my side, to supply the setup for attaching guides to curves, a kind of Frenet frame interpolation along curves as well. Should be much simpler setup, than one with mesh stripes. Together with necessary changes under the hood, in order to get it to work smoothly. Current structure, actually, isn't friendly in case of self-collision.

Long video tutorials - no hope for my side. If anyone else have plans, great.

As I already said, I hope this will happen during (this) summer. Right now, my free time is occupied by Maya, as I already know how I'll be able to utilize this knowledge. Now I believe I become a Cylon before few years when I played intensively with 3Delight. Anyway this date is irrelevant, now , as they activated me gently, just few weeks before yesterday.

Well, in any case, if you're willing to show me personally how to use Kristinka, I will be more than happy to create a comprehensive video tutorial on how to use it. I am actually doing something similar in my professional job.

myara

Post by myara » 07 Mar 2014, 17:35

As a user, new plugins for a beautiful but dead software is great. We can use it a few more years. It just sounds great !

But as a developer, writing tools for a dead software doesn't look very profitable specially in long term. I don't know the statistical facts but the number of SI users willing to pay for these plugins isn't big enough to support the idea. And, the number of SI users will exponentially decrease in the next months.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

waffleface

Post by waffleface » 14 Mar 2014, 23:43

I'd be down to pitch in what money I can spare for a simillar effort, but not for a plug-in for a dead software.

I'd love it if it were an effective all in one plug-in for Maya (or Max) that brings Maya up to Soft standards (the hotkeys we love with the tools working the way we remember, and a much needed Softimage clone of the Render Tree to replace Maya's horrid default Hypershade) - A Maya plug-in that gives us the out of the box feel and interface we all know and love, that's a project really worth funding, I would definitely pitch in for that, DOOO IT!! It will make a fortune.

I think that would be awesome if it succeeded and got enough funding and the right devs behind it. If you want to involve me that'd be great, if not, that's great too, just DOOO IT!!!!