RAM low?!

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

RAM low?!

Post by steven07 » 11 Oct 2010, 09:26

Hey all,

I'm just modeling a character and I notice i have 153/8000 MB of RAM left?? I deleted the stack but it's still going down.. any ideas? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: RAM low?!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 11 Oct 2010, 10:46

Do you use an ATI graphics card?
If so, look here.
Not sure if that will help, but it's the only reported memory leak issue I can recall ATM. :-?
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: RAM low?!

Post by steven07 » 11 Oct 2010, 10:50

Yeah I do have an ATI card.. it's a 5650 or something like that.. hmm.. well.. I know it had trouble starting because of digital persona.. can't believe it's something else now :S

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: RAM low?!

Post by steven07 » 12 Oct 2010, 22:09

The strange thing is that whenever I use another 3D app things run normally.. could this be something with SI?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: RAM low?!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Oct 2010, 07:21

I don't know for certain, but over the years there always seem to have been some reported problems concerning ATI cards, when it comes to Softimage or its "predecessor" XSI. Most of time it seems people were able to fix it after experimenting a little with different (older) drivers, though. So yes, it probably is a Softimage-ATI problem...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!