Spawn comic character - Angela
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Spawn comic character - Angela
Hi everyone!
Just like to share a character i've been working on for the past few weeks in my spare time. My work colleagues would always rag me because i'd just make cars( which is my passion)... I've been wanting to make a character for a while but have never found the motivation to start one. I started chipping away recently and this is how far i am. I wanted to make an existing character because i didn't want to complicate things with making my own design(i would probably lose interest, maybe on the next one)...
Her name is Angela, in the Spawn comic series she is an angel, like Spawn she is a soldier, but obviously a soldier for God. So she's pretty much the opposite of what Spawn is... I've always loved the in depth story of Spawn and while looking for a character to do i saw Angela again, so that was my choice. I wanted to keep things simple and make the basics that define the character - Her armour, athletic physique and Repunzel-like hair. I'm using KristinkaC to do the hair, slowly coming right with it. I've just started texturing her but any crits & comments are welcome!
Just like to share a character i've been working on for the past few weeks in my spare time. My work colleagues would always rag me because i'd just make cars( which is my passion)... I've been wanting to make a character for a while but have never found the motivation to start one. I started chipping away recently and this is how far i am. I wanted to make an existing character because i didn't want to complicate things with making my own design(i would probably lose interest, maybe on the next one)...
Her name is Angela, in the Spawn comic series she is an angel, like Spawn she is a soldier, but obviously a soldier for God. So she's pretty much the opposite of what Spawn is... I've always loved the in depth story of Spawn and while looking for a character to do i saw Angela again, so that was my choice. I wanted to keep things simple and make the basics that define the character - Her armour, athletic physique and Repunzel-like hair. I'm using KristinkaC to do the hair, slowly coming right with it. I've just started texturing her but any crits & comments are welcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nas on 08 Oct 2010, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
a few more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
shadow_ex_
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 13:18
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
very nice character! keep up the good job 
you make want to check her arms,i think the are slightly longer than they should
and the upper torso area (shoulders) is too wide for a female body,
you make want to check her arms,i think the are slightly longer than they should
and the upper torso area (shoulders) is too wide for a female body,
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
Thanks for the crit, been doing a lot of unwrapping and texturing, still a lot to go... I also made her arms a lil longer but left the shoulders for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
Did she go bald intentionally, or do you add the hair again at a later stage?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
shadow_ex_
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 13:18
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
i meant the opposite thoughtI also made her arms a lil longer
i think they are slightly longer than they should,spelling mistake ~_~
however i think according to this she looks ok
Nudity warning: [ Show ]
this ones is better as a default female figure refNudity warning: [ Show ]
materials,model and rendering are awasome though^^
(Moderator edit: I am merely "playing" the puritan here
and placed the reference images behind nudity tags - "better safe, than sorry") - HB
Last edited by shadow_ex_ on 13 Oct 2010, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
So i completely misread your post, just saw what i wanted to see, oops. Looking at the older post imo her arms were short. When they arc down they wouldn't come to half way down the thigh as they should, they do now...
The hair im leaving for now because it takes reeeeaallly long to render. I have to optimize it better before i waste render time on it.
The hair im leaving for now because it takes reeeeaallly long to render. I have to optimize it better before i waste render time on it.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
shadow_ex_
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 13:18
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
nvm in the pic you can see my calculation,maybe i was wrong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
SquirrelSa
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 07:44
- Location: South Africa
Some Crits
Hi Nas,
Well done mate, Ithink your skin shader is working well, and the texturing details really bring the character to life. Some crits though:-
1. Her wrists look a bit funny, they are either too thin or there is a modelling problem, maybe too long? (they look a bit rubbery)
2. From the concept drawing, or comic book image I see that you made her breasts smaller? Whyyyyyy? I would definately make them bigger - speak to Werner, he knows what I mean:)
3. On her skin the bump is very noticeable - maybe drop back by 10-15%
4. Her right ankle seems very very thin? I know you have modelled off of comic referances, but I would maybe make the ankle a bit thicker.
5. I know it's a work in progress, bit It would be nice to see some AO on the clothing objects.
Otherwise, keep up the awesome work mate - and well done on doing a female character. I'm following your progress on this one mate.
Cheers
Well done mate, Ithink your skin shader is working well, and the texturing details really bring the character to life. Some crits though:-
1. Her wrists look a bit funny, they are either too thin or there is a modelling problem, maybe too long? (they look a bit rubbery)
2. From the concept drawing, or comic book image I see that you made her breasts smaller? Whyyyyyy? I would definately make them bigger - speak to Werner, he knows what I mean:)
3. On her skin the bump is very noticeable - maybe drop back by 10-15%
4. Her right ankle seems very very thin? I know you have modelled off of comic referances, but I would maybe make the ankle a bit thicker.
5. I know it's a work in progress, bit It would be nice to see some AO on the clothing objects.
Otherwise, keep up the awesome work mate - and well done on doing a female character. I'm following your progress on this one mate.
Cheers
Creativity can be whatever the mind of man can conceive
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
Thanks for the crits Squirrel! I'l have a look at those points. I'm learning everything for the first time all over again on this project, so progress is slow...
Been fiddeling around with the face in the spare time iv had, but havn't spent enough time tbh. I'm considering giving her pupils contrary to the comic book.... heres something new:
Been fiddeling around with the face in the spare time iv had, but havn't spent enough time tbh. I'm considering giving her pupils contrary to the comic book.... heres something new:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
SquirrelSa
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 07:44
- Location: South Africa
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
Looking good - the eyes are coming along, the only thing I feel missing is the slight bit of liquid buil-up at the bottom of the pupils, on the bottom eye-lid. keep it up.
Creativity can be whatever the mind of man can conceive
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
IMHO, a great work. The only critic I can move, is the expression: Angel has a more sarcastic/danger expression, but, I think, you will cage this when rigging face (or it is not you intention?
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
Thanks guys, the liquid on the bottom eyelid is there , you can see it catching a bit of specular in places but maybe the angle doesn't empahsize this.
Nizar - Yes her expression is neutral( the home affairs worker look) for now, she'll have a cheeky smirk as in the reference when she's done...
Nizar - Yes her expression is neutral( the home affairs worker look) for now, she'll have a cheeky smirk as in the reference when she's done...
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
shadow_ex_
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 13:18
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
i love your materials^^
with eye pupils she is softened up a bit though,but shes great anyway
with eye pupils she is softened up a bit though,but shes great anyway
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
Yeah, adding eyes does change the character somewhat, but il see where it goes...
here's some progress, hid all the clutter:
here's some progress, hid all the clutter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Re: Spawn comic character - Angela
some work done on the skin texture etc....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...

