Post
by Nizar » 18 Oct 2010, 15:22
Thanks very much Hirazi, but I copy all the file from 2011 to advantage pack, and don't work... in the thread you post I read about a file .mel and some mel script adjustment, and (as we all expect) I don't find any mel script in XSI folders.
I talked with 3dconnexion support and they tell me it is a Autodesk issue, in any case, from some month (one or two) will be release a new driver.
I tried softimage (2011) with spacepilot and a new mouse (with 8 programmable buttons), and after a bit of pain it work very well with a very limited keyboard use. Really fast improvement.
I don't know how much cost Logitech trackball, but now on ebay you can find a large number of used spacepilot, really cheaper (100 €), spacepilot has 12 configurable keys, (16 if you include the four shift,crtl,esc and alt key, but they are useful without customization, so a cage only esc in spacebar). All this used spacepilot are refurbish from 3dconnexion. If you want can request a free trial from 3dconnexion and can try for two weeks this product (but space pilot pro, the old one I have is no more commercialized). Give a try, i find it really useful (not indispensable) and fast