Facial capture directly in Softimage?

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
redmotion
Posts: 150
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
Location: London

Facial capture directly in Softimage?

Post by redmotion » 23 Sep 2010, 15:36

Sorry, no, it doesn't exist - as far as I know - I just thought it would be a great idea.

You see, I'd like to record face capture data directly inside Softimage, with a webcam or video camera or even over the internet. Instead of using intermediate software to record and export, import and attach in face robot, I'd like to record it in Softimage, have the data converted and applied directly onto the currently loaded face robot head, so I could see the result in seconds.

Imagine how this would speed up realistic facial animation! SI could license the technology for tracking faces and put it directly inside Softimage.

Any thoughts?