Hello brothers (and sisters)!
I was trying to create a fall colour road. Before beginning the actual task, I was simply testing how MR proxies look like when instanced through ICE. After taking some really crude test renders with PhysicalSun, seems like they are colliding with each other, even though there is plenty of empty space left on the emitter surface. If I raise number of particles, I want them to pile up (if possible), instead of going through each other. Or, if that is not possible, I want them not to collide as long as there is enough room on emitter surface to avoid collision.
Please suggest me what I should do.
Intancing MR proxy with ICE
-
shushens
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 05:34
- Skype: shushens
- Location: Paderborn, Germany
Intancing MR proxy with ICE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My ill-maintained blog: http://visualdeceptions.info/blogger
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Intancing MR proxy with ICE
i think there is only one option here, and is to use rigid body dynamix
I dont have other solution but i'm not that ICE expert maybe wait for someoen else
I dont have other solution but i'm not that ICE expert maybe wait for someoen else
-
shushens
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 05:34
- Skype: shushens
- Location: Paderborn, Germany
Re: Intancing MR proxy with ICE
Oh, my last response was probably my lamest ever 
I completely failed to realize what you were saying.
But when I replace Simulate Particles node with Simulate Rigid Bodies node, two bad things happen.
First, instead of considering the neutral poses I set for the leaf objects, the simulation system considers the bounding box centre to be the new centre.
Second, since these are proxies, there is no way to simulate 'actual shape' that I can see
A little more advice, please?
______EDIT________
I was reading into RBD using ICE and from what I read, it kind of implies that simulation with actual shape has not really been addressed in ICE.
I completely failed to realize what you were saying.
But when I replace Simulate Particles node with Simulate Rigid Bodies node, two bad things happen.
First, instead of considering the neutral poses I set for the leaf objects, the simulation system considers the bounding box centre to be the new centre.
Second, since these are proxies, there is no way to simulate 'actual shape' that I can see
A little more advice, please?
______EDIT________
I was reading into RBD using ICE and from what I read, it kind of implies that simulation with actual shape has not really been addressed in ICE.
My ill-maintained blog: http://visualdeceptions.info/blogger