si-community self-diagnosis...

Discussions about si-community.com. You can post here as a guest.
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 17 Aug 2010, 08:28

As I have been privately keeping "score" on the daily post count of this little community for quite some time, I found the last couple of weeks (with one notable exception) post counts are slipping again considerably, after a long time where they were relatively stable (not high either, mind you, but stable nonetheless).
So now I'm naturally wondering, what's going on? Has this community finally run it's course, or what?
Did all of our users went on a si-community vacation together (and just "forgot" to invite me? =(( )
Your opinions (and therefore posts :ympray: ) would be most welcome, because it's getting slightly depressing, to be frank...
:-\
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by xsisupport » 17 Aug 2010, 09:30

It seems to me the last few weeks have been quiet everywhere: xsibase, xsi mailing list, cgtalk, and here.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 17 Aug 2010, 10:22

That's actually quite comforting (in an odd sort of way), thanks! :-bd
I hadn't really noticed, but that's probably because I only "keep scores" here...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Tekano
Posts: 488
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
Location: London, UK

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by Tekano » 17 Aug 2010, 10:41

summer holidays perhaps? ^#(^
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by Rez007 » 17 Aug 2010, 16:23

It actually has been quiet everywhere like was stated above. I check all the major forum places everyday and there hasn't been anything noticable - anywhere. Maybe we should convolute some type of a drama or conspiracy to start things rolling again. :) Just kidding.

I think once we see some more posts being made about new additions to software and such - then things should start up again.

I am still waiting to see a blog from Mark on the Area about Siggraph and Softimage in general with the new annoucements - that would most likely start something.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 17 Aug 2010, 18:09

Well, I've got a feeling, some positive news from Softimage will soon unfold.
(A new WIKI page has already been opened titled
"New features for Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack (version 9.5)"
with "Coming soon..." as its only content (so far)). :-

Once version 9.5 arrives, I think, we'll have enough to talk about (for a while) ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
talent103
Posts: 183
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
Location: New York City

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by talent103 » 17 Aug 2010, 19:57

Just wait till they release the new versions in september. :) I check active topics everyday though I may not post as much.

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by dwigfor » 11 Sep 2010, 02:35

Sometimes I have a hard time finding plugins that I know existed on here. Do you think you guys could migrate them from Announcements down to their specific type - ie ICE Compounds, Scripts, etc.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: si-community self-diagnosis...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 11 Sep 2010, 06:19

Yes, this is a problem we are aware of. Originally the download section was intended as a place, where we only put downloads we have on our own server, but that isn't true anymore as some users started using it to announce their off-site downloads there as well (and we didn't stop them). Moving every announcement to the download section, however, doesn't seem right, either.
ATM I have no real solution, sorry. Let me think about it some more... :-?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!