kine.local.rotz

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
xowgax
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Aug 2009, 20:22

kine.local.rotz

Post by xowgax » 03 Aug 2010, 18:44

all this talk about ICE Kinematics, & I still can't figure out how to set data for "this.kine.local.rotz" while using 2011..
I think I'm missing something very basic..

I've seen the "Automatically Rotate Wheels With ICE" compound, but that changes point positions, is that still the only way to do it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: kine.local.rotz

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Aug 2010, 18:52

There are two things wrong with the ICE Tree you show:
- You cannot set data on kine.local, only on kine.global
- you can write only to the whole kine.global matrix, not to components like rot or rotz.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

xowgax
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Aug 2009, 20:22

Re: kine.local.rotz

Post by xowgax » 10 Aug 2010, 18:06

Thanks for the reply, could you please explain (or link to) how the kine.global matrix works? ><

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: kine.local.rotz

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 Aug 2010, 18:33

Image

This image from the manual shows a bit of what's going on. As you can set the data only on the full matrix of the kine.global there is an "SRT to Matrix" plugged into the "Set Data", exposing ports for "Scaling", "Rotation" and "Translation".
In this example the "Scaling" and "Rotation" are taken from the original matrix (via "Matrix to SRT")
and the "Translation" is taken from a different source.
"Scaling", "Rotation" and "Translation" can obviously be broken up further to expose the XYZ parameters.

I hope this makes sense, but I seriously doubt it! :ymblushing:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

milesc
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 15:56

Re: kine.local.rotz

Post by milesc » 10 Aug 2010, 19:35

Hi,
Here is my little compound "GhostChild" that may help.
It output the child matrix from a parent matrix and the SRT you want for the child.
It is use to replace the buffer objects need for rigging, which is the beauty of ICE kinematic.
:)
GhostChild_usage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.