Greetings all,
when using emfluids i always seem to get what looks like stepping or banding.
I tried the photonic explosion demo scene and i'm getting it in there also - see attached.
Anyone know what's going on - user error perhaps? or is this what fluids actually do? Any idea how to get rid of it?
cheers,
Andi.
emFluid 3 - banding issue
-
Hackney
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 05 Mar 2010, 10:35
emFluid 3 - banding issue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Mootzoid
- Administrator
- Posts: 244
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
- Location: Germany/France
Re: emFluid 3 - banding issue
Hello Hackney,
There's a little compound I made a while ago to prevent that banding stuff... well, at least to reduce it.
The compound is called "emTool _ Pseudo Sub_Frame on Emission" and you simply plug it into an "Execute on Emit" port of your emission compound.
I'm not sure the compound is included in the emFluid3 package
so I attached it to this post. Simply copy it into the folder in which emFluid3 is installed.
Let me know if that was of some help !
Cheers,
Eric
There's a little compound I made a while ago to prevent that banding stuff... well, at least to reduce it.
The compound is called "emTool _ Pseudo Sub_Frame on Emission" and you simply plug it into an "Execute on Emit" port of your emission compound.
I'm not sure the compound is included in the emFluid3 package
Let me know if that was of some help !
Cheers,
Eric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hackney
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 05 Mar 2010, 10:35
Re: emFluid 3 - banding issue
Thanks for that Eric, most kind. I did find adding about 50 percent helped, just balancing it out so it remains as sharp as possible.
I guess the only other approach is to simulate at daft fps numbers which i've also tried, so i might try a combination of both.
cheers,
H.
I guess the only other approach is to simulate at daft fps numbers which i've also tried, so i might try a combination of both.
cheers,
H.