Hi guys!
Do I miss something, or does AD really not show SOFTIMAGE at Siggraph in a dedicated presentation ..??
http://area.autodesk.com/siggraph#sched
..that depresses me a bit..
oliver
No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
(sorry, couldn't resist!)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
I think it´s a bit hard to understand what´s going on from the marketing side here at the moment.
Dedication usually looks different.
But honestly, this 3D software industry stuff is beginning to make me sick anyway. I strongly feel, that the people who use this stuff count less every day. It´s a bit like apple trying to control the mobile content market. It´s gotten all so big, all the fun seems to fade. There isn´t real excitement anymore, it´s all about market share and getting money out of people. Business and politics....
Achim
Dedication usually looks different.
But honestly, this 3D software industry stuff is beginning to make me sick anyway. I strongly feel, that the people who use this stuff count less every day. It´s a bit like apple trying to control the mobile content market. It´s gotten all so big, all the fun seems to fade. There isn´t real excitement anymore, it´s all about market share and getting money out of people. Business and politics....
Achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
I am starting to feel the same way. I will see if there is any news about soft this week. If there isnt a peep I will know XSI days are numbered.
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
wait they are showing soft @ 15:00 via the Mill
-
Jesse
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 18 Jun 2009, 19:51
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
and possibly via blur also
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
There's also Mass Effect 2... But yeah, not too much....
I'll let you know later how it all is..... Hopefully they have demo station with Lagoa!
-Dave
I'll let you know later how it all is..... Hopefully they have demo station with Lagoa!
-Dave
-
milesc
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 15:56
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
In the Max demo, they shows CAT
In the Maya2011 demo they are showing the dual quaternion skinning option and the new paint weight functions...
I recall last year's Softimage demo, may be that's the reason.
In the Maya2011 demo they are showing the dual quaternion skinning option and the new paint weight functions...
I recall last year's Softimage demo, may be that's the reason.
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
I did find one hidden GEM that people should checkout if they are attending Siggraph - make sure you visit the INTEL booth. There, you can witness Ben Houston's (Exocortex Technologies ) demo of his smoke and fluid simulators. I couldn't ask many questions, because right then Intel setup a record of his presentation. The Intel rep said that it would be made available on the intel website, so be on the lookout for it.
Looked very impressive, but out of my price range. I believe they said the smoke simulator is around $400-$500, but the fluid simulator (which looked really awesome) was gonna be something like $3000 - $5000. They are looking for beta testers and I also heard him mention that he would consider a Maya port if a studio was gonna buy a lot of licenses (like 15).
Autodesk booth was very small. They only had 1 demo station showing mudbox.
Looked very impressive, but out of my price range. I believe they said the smoke simulator is around $400-$500, but the fluid simulator (which looked really awesome) was gonna be something like $3000 - $5000. They are looking for beta testers and I also heard him mention that he would consider a Maya port if a studio was gonna buy a lot of licenses (like 15).
Autodesk booth was very small. They only had 1 demo station showing mudbox.
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
Hey Dave!
Thanks for keeping us updated about Siggraph!
@talent&Jesse
And yes, SI appears in the schedule, but not as specific as Maya or Max. That was my concern...we will see, hao everything goes on
Cheers,
oliver
Thanks for keeping us updated about Siggraph!
@talent&Jesse
And yes, SI appears in the schedule, but not as specific as Maya or Max. That was my concern...we will see, hao everything goes on
Cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: No Softimage Product Presentation on Siggraph??
I was surprised not to see The Foundry, Side Effects, DD and ILM...
The rapid prototype machines are CRAZY now! They can use 2 different materials and combine their densities.. So you can create things like a plastic tire with rubber tire treads.. WTF!?! Apparently they did Iron Man hand in it, dipped in chrome paint, and placed on RDJr's hands.. Incredible.
The rapid prototype machines are CRAZY now! They can use 2 different materials and combine their densities.. So you can create things like a plastic tire with rubber tire treads.. WTF!?! Apparently they did Iron Man hand in it, dipped in chrome paint, and placed on RDJr's hands.. Incredible.