I am trying to achieve good results with rendering a wireframe for an animated,displaced object. Usually I use the hardware render with hidden line. For this project I can only come up with using my UV map in the color channel of a constant material. But my results are very poor. I get thicker lines on the wireframe where discontinuous uv's meet each other.
I tried DL3D_WireframeTexture but it renders the subdivided wireframe. I need the base wireframe on the subdivided object.
And the toon shader still gives me triangles, even with Merge CoPlanar checked.
The WireD shader does not look like it would work for this project either.
Any ideas would be appreciated. I have read all the posts on XSI base regarding wireframe rendering. Thanks.
wireframe on displaced object
Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
-
izze
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 24 Sep 2009, 18:02
wireframe on displaced object
Post by izze » 26 Jul 2010, 16:15
- Board index
- All times are UTC
- Privacy Policy
- Contact / Legal Notice
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
Jump to
- Guidelines
- Read me first
- General
- ↳ News
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Migration
- ↳ 3ds Max
- ↳ Blender
- ↳ Cinema 4D
- ↳ Houdini
- ↳ Maya
- ↳ Modo
- ↳ Fabric Engine
- ↳ Other software
- ↳ Cooperation & Jobs
- ↳ Open Discussion
- ↳ Feedback
- Showroom
- ↳ WIP
- ↳ Finished Work
- ICE section
- ↳ ICE
- ↳ ICE & Math
- ↳ ICE Tutorials
- Softimage
- ↳ Modeling
- ↳ Materials & Shaders
- ↳ Animation
- ↳ Rigging & Face Robot
- ↳ Rendering
- ↳ Compositing
- ↳ Simulation
- ↳ Programming
- ↳ Softimage Mod Tool
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Tutorials
- ↳ Tutorials on YouTube
- ↳ General & Troubleshooting
- Download
- ↳ Upload Instructions
- ↳ Models&Scenes
- ↳ ICE Compounds
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Materials
- ↳ Scripts
- ↳ FX-Tree
- Archived Forums
- ↳ Community Projects
- ↳ Community Animation Project
- ↳ Legacy CAP archive
- ↳ Community ICE Project