Help with Material Layers and Alpha Channels

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
LeoCortes
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:54

Help with Material Layers and Alpha Channels

Post by LeoCortes » 22 Jul 2010, 21:45

[cross-posting]

Hello Gents,

I have a model with a basic material and four more layers driven by individual alpha channels to reveal those four other materials in different areas of the same object.
Now I am creating separate rendering passes and I need to isolate each of these five materials. The base material was easily isolated through an override but I am not sure on how to proceed in order to isolate the layered materials. Any suggestion appreciated.

Leo

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Help with Material Layers and Alpha Channels

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Jul 2010, 13:56

What version of SI are you using?
There was a bug fixed in 2011 SP1 that might sound familiar:
UDEV00254446 Material overrides only works with the first layer
Stay safe, sane & healthy!