so I finally decided to release the scripts used to generate the CraftRig1
they were initially meant for my personal use only, so I never cared to make them all clean and tidy for deployment in a plugin - please never mind the clumsy rigGuide and so on.
Also, I put this together during autumn last year and changed my workflow quite a lot since then. I'd most certainly do a lot of things differently now, but anyway, here it is for anyone who might find it useful.
http://www.craft.host56.com/archive/Craft_AutoRig1.rar - just the autorig
http://www.craft.host56.com/3d/Craft_Rig.rar - autorig + sample rig
I can't warranty any support on how the autorig works or any bugs you might find, but I encourage anyone to improve it and share with the community.
one word of thanks to Jean-Mary Stéphane (http://merlindigitalart.com/), for not letting me leave this hanging around now that i don't use it much.
Keep an eye out for his Alive autorig, it'll rock
Tiago Craft
http://www.craft.host56.com
Anyone looking for a Softimage Rigger/TD? (willing to travel abroad)