ICE cloth and softbodys
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
ICE cloth and softbodys
...hi there!
This is a first test of a new ICE compound I´m working on. It integrates the built-in verlet framework to simulate cloth-like stuff on several kinds of geometry. In this video shows some of the possibilities for example deformation by geometry, forces and particles. The target mesh is inflated all the time. I´m planing to integrate some more soft body like behavior soon. Hope, you like it ;)
cheers,
oliver
This is a first test of a new ICE compound I´m working on. It integrates the built-in verlet framework to simulate cloth-like stuff on several kinds of geometry. In this video shows some of the possibilities for example deformation by geometry, forces and particles. The target mesh is inflated all the time. I´m planing to integrate some more soft body like behavior soon. Hope, you like it ;)
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Firebird
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:08
- Location: Vienna
Re: ICE cloth with continous inflation
wow looks promising.
especially the particle interaction.
great stuff.
especially the particle interaction.
great stuff.
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: ICE cloth with continous inflation
Nice! I really like the particles deforming your inflated object - at the moment are they passing right through the mesh? is there a way to bounce these off the mesh as well as the inflate deformation?
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE cloth with continous inflation
@tekano
..at the moment they are deleted when they hit the mesh. They can bounce of the deformed surface, no problem. Although there are some issues I´ve got to solve...stay tuned ;)
..at the moment they are deleted when they hit the mesh. They can bounce of the deformed surface, no problem. Although there are some issues I´ve got to solve...stay tuned ;)
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
gman
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 21:59
Re: ICE cloth with continous inflation
Wow! very impressive!
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE cloth with continous inflation
Hi!
Here is some enhancement of the cloth-stuff. Softbodys on pointclouds ;)
cheery,
oliver
Here is some enhancement of the cloth-stuff. Softbodys on pointclouds ;)
cheery,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
craft
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2010, 23:40
- Location: Portugal
Re: ICE cloth with continous inflation
amazing stuff, owei
keep it up.
Tiago Beijoco
http://www.craft.host56.com
http://www.craft.host56.com
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
ICE softbody with self collision and procedural contraction ;)
cheers,
oliver
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
It´s alive!
I like it already.
cheers
achim
I like it already.
cheers
achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
@futzi
...yeah, it is..and a bit slimy too
Here is some further progress. hope you like it.
cheers,
oliver
...yeah, it is..and a bit slimy too
Here is some further progress. hope you like it.
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
Hi!
And the next iteration....
cheers,
oliver
And the next iteration....
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
Real interesting stuff...
Where is this heading (and when will you get there)? ;)
Where is this heading (and when will you get there)? ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
...for now it´s just fun and I don´t know where I´ll want to get it. All this stuff I´m testing right now is dedicated to my ICE-reel I hope to release in one month or something. I´ll try to get fluids in there also, SPH and emFluid3 stuff ;)
It´s interesting. I started off from getting strands dynamically animated, turned over to simulat polymeshes and now pointclouds. It´not physically correct at all, but looks nice though ;)
cheers,
oli
It´s interesting. I started off from getting strands dynamically animated, turned over to simulat polymeshes and now pointclouds. It´not physically correct at all, but looks nice though ;)
cheers,
oli
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
It looks like you are shooting Sharktopus to pieces!
http://video.hollywoodreporter.com/serv ... 5484214001
http://video.hollywoodreporter.com/serv ... 5484214001
-
hchs
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 12:42
- Skype: hchs
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
Very nice!!Especially the split
But I would like to know is there a way to split is not only the pointcloud, but the mesh?
But I would like to know is there a way to split is not only the pointcloud, but the mesh?
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE cloth and softbodys
@dwigfor
...yeah!
@hchs
...yes. The new version of emPolygonizer supports something like that. I´ll try to build something in..
...yeah!
@hchs
...yes. The new version of emPolygonizer supports something like that. I´ll try to build something in..
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de