Extracting Alpha Channel in Caustics Pass

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
LeoCortes
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:54

Extracting Alpha Channel in Caustics Pass

Post by LeoCortes » 06 Jul 2010, 15:18

Hello Gents,

Silly as it is, I'm having trouble extracting the alpha channel in a caustics pass. I created a partition with caustics receivers and applied a simple Lambert shader to it, then connected a Photon Irradiance node to its Surface port. The caustics effect shows nicely in RGB but the alpha is non-existent, pure white. I've tried a few workarounds but no joy. Any suggestions??

Thanks

LeoCortes
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:54

Re: Extracting Alpha Channel in Caustics Pass

Post by LeoCortes » 07 Jul 2010, 02:08

In case anyone wants to know how I got this issue solved, here it is

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Extracting Alpha Channel in Caustics Pass

Post by Hirazi Blue » 07 Jul 2010, 08:08

Always good to hear an issue has been resolved!
Thanks for clearing that up! :-bd
Stay safe, sane & healthy!