Ice Questions for a project I am working on.

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
talent103
Posts: 183
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
Location: New York City

Ice Questions for a project I am working on.

Post by talent103 » 29 Jun 2010, 17:30

I have about 3000 cones. 1000 for Red, Green and Blue each. I need to have particles shooting out of them and then after the camera moves to the top of the cones some of the particles will form into a picture of a hand holding a flower. Below is what I have so far. I want to improve the effect though.
http://www.screencast.com/t/MTZlNmJhOD

I used emit from group but the problem is that the particles are coming from the point positions of the cones and not the top of the cones. So its hard to tell that the particles are indeed coming from the cones. I used blob for the look but they look very spherical. I also want to improve the effect of the particles turning into the flower. Any ideas or tips on this would be most helpful. They just look like a blooby mess that I have to then morph into the picture of the flower. Not really working for the client.

--
John Richard Sanchez
www.johnrichardsanchez.com

(Moderator edit: please use the URL-tags, otherwise the link won't work - HB)