Lego Man!

Comments on work in progress
User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 20 Jun 2010, 09:05

Just trying to get material together for my demo reel. What a better way than Mr. Lego Man ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lego Man!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Jun 2010, 09:09

Looks promising... How about a wireframe? ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 20 Jun 2010, 09:13

haha! It's not much now but I was planning on animating it and creating a lego scene or something. Anyway.. here's a screenshot of the wireframe. Is there a way to render wireframes??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lego Man!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Jun 2010, 09:22

Oh, that wasn't meant as a joke or a sarcastic remark.
I find the apparently "simple" stuff sometimes is a real pain to model...
(but that could obviously just be me)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 20 Jun 2010, 09:36

haha! That's definitely not just you, i just spent the last 30 minutes just staring at arm reference pictures trying to figure out how I'm going to do them! :P

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 02 Jul 2010, 08:43

It's been a while! Here's a quick update.. finished all the geometry on the mini man! Next is some more tweaking and an environment for this little guy to live in ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lego Man!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 02 Jul 2010, 08:48

Haven't played with Lego for a while, but it seems to me the proportions are a bit off.
Especially the hands should be bigger, if I recall correctly... ;)
(And the arms could be fuller too...)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 02 Jul 2010, 09:21

You're totally right! I guess I didn't notice because of the angle. Anyway.. This better? I made the head and the arms/hands bigger.
Thanks! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lego Man!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 02 Jul 2010, 09:23

Much better...
But the hands could still be slightly bigger IMHO... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 02 Jul 2010, 09:38

Hands bigger... Check!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lego Man!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 02 Jul 2010, 09:43

Okay... :-bd
Next up: the materials
(they should be slightly more reflective or specular, I never know which...)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 02 Jul 2010, 11:33

AAAAND some more comp magic tweaking ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

izze
Posts: 176
Joined: 24 Sep 2009, 18:02

Re: Lego Man!

Post by izze » 02 Jul 2010, 16:48

I agree with Hirazi, the hands could be bigger still. And I also think that he seems a little wide (chest and legs) from what I remember. Nice clean modeling though. Keep it up.

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 03 Jul 2010, 06:38

I agree! Here's a render with the not-so-wide body and bigger hands! Next I'm going to do some simple rigging.

This is really a project so I can learn rigging ;) I'm just not sure if it's going to be harder to animate something like a lego who doesn't normally walk :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
steven07
Posts: 89
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
Skype: stevenpalomino
Location: Kansas City

Re: Lego Man!

Post by steven07 » 03 Jul 2010, 10:44

I'm getting some weird snapping action with the arms and legs while I'm trying to animate a walk cycle. Here's the animation editor screen shot.. any ideas why?

Also, how do i get rid of the gray dotted lines? and what are they?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

izze
Posts: 176
Joined: 24 Sep 2009, 18:02

Re: Lego Man!

Post by izze » 03 Jul 2010, 12:48

First click on Curves>Spline Interpolation
Then View>Snapshot Curves