"News at 11..."
SP1 has arrived
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
SP1 has arrived
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SP1 has arrived
"News at 11":
;)
Quoted from hereAn expression of total non-surprise at the revelation of something that is supposedly new and/or exciting, but is actually old hat. Often used in a sarcastic context.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: SP1 has arrived
oh lol thanks for that, i'm not that deep in english expresions!
btw i've just read Mark's blog
"Well thats it for now, hang tight for 2011 SP1, its right around the corner! ...and while not in this release a little birdy told me about some really cool new stuff in the pipe. Cant wait to share that with you all!!"
i wonder what will be!!
btw i've just read Mark's blog
"Well thats it for now, hang tight for 2011 SP1, its right around the corner! ...and while not in this release a little birdy told me about some really cool new stuff in the pipe. Cant wait to share that with you all!!"
i wonder what will be!!
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: SP1 has arrived
how did you find out the SP1 had been posted?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SP1 has arrived
By frequently checking the "Autodesk Softimage Services & Support Data & Downloads" page,
as I felt it's release was more or less imminent...
as I felt it's release was more or less imminent...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: SP1 has arrived
Hirazi,
Thanks for being so proactive in finding and sharing this information with the community. It would be great if Autodesk would do the same. While being a Gold Subscription Member for quite sometime now, I have yet to recieve any notification directly from Autodesk informing me of any new Service Packs or updates...I always have to search the forums. Thanks again!
Thanks for being so proactive in finding and sharing this information with the community. It would be great if Autodesk would do the same. While being a Gold Subscription Member for quite sometime now, I have yet to recieve any notification directly from Autodesk informing me of any new Service Packs or updates...I always have to search the forums. Thanks again!
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
izze
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 24 Sep 2009, 18:02
Re: SP1 has arrived
Satellite Rendering works. I'm happy. 
-
antsjoe
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 22:12
Re: SP1 has arrived
Hirazi,
keep on Stalking
> I have subscription likewise and still the is no notices on downloading the new SP1 for SI 2011.
I appreciate your efforts to keep us informed!
aj
keep on Stalking
I appreciate your efforts to keep us informed!
aj
-
eternal art
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:48
- Location: UAE - Abu Dhabi
Re: SP1 has arrived
Strange !! they didn't implement the ray-trace soft shadow for infinite light in this service pack ?? why ??
3D Supervisor - Production House .
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SP1 has arrived
@Rez007 & antsjoe
Autodesk only seems to find time to notify you, when a subscription renewal is due...
I asked "them" @the Area some months ago (when I still tried to participate there) to at least mention the service packs in the subscription center, as the whole claim of being able to download the "most recent version" of the software from there (the subscription center) becomes kind of silly.
But anything that gets posted @the Area, stays @the Area, it seems...
Autodesk only seems to find time to notify you, when a subscription renewal is due...
I asked "them" @the Area some months ago (when I still tried to participate there) to at least mention the service packs in the subscription center, as the whole claim of being able to download the "most recent version" of the software from there (the subscription center) becomes kind of silly.
But anything that gets posted @the Area, stays @the Area, it seems...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: SP1 has arrived
I can't say if this is official or not, but I think the reason why the news and release about SP1 has appeared on other sites first and not the Subs center, is because SP1 is avaliable to all Softimage 2011 customers, regardless on whether they are on Subscription or not.
So if any announcements regarding the Service Pack went to the Subs center only, it's possible some customers wouldn't know anything about it.
So if any announcements regarding the Service Pack went to the Subs center only, it's possible some customers wouldn't know anything about it.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SP1 has arrived
The point isn't to exclusively post it on the subscription center, the point is it isn't even mentioned there... SI2010 SP1 wasn't either, so getting your most recent version from said subscription center is frankly impossible, hence my remark...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: SP1 has arrived
sure I get that, but I think you perhaps are missing my point. The Softimage SP download probably doesn't have to be in the Subs center because its not an actual Subscription only benefit. It's the same for the Maya hotfixes and Mubox SP as well.
At some point I'm the service packs etc will appear on the Subs center as a matter of routine, but at the moment, its quicker and easier to get them from the main Autodesk website, and our reseller partners will often update customers of this as well.
If there any Subscription only benefits relating to you Autodesk product of choice then Subs center should notify you. The communication could be better in some case I admit, but often we have found that customers haven't know who receives the emails and sometimes spam filters have blocked them.
At some point I'm the service packs etc will appear on the Subs center as a matter of routine, but at the moment, its quicker and easier to get them from the main Autodesk website, and our reseller partners will often update customers of this as well.
If there any Subscription only benefits relating to you Autodesk product of choice then Subs center should notify you. The communication could be better in some case I admit, but often we have found that customers haven't know who receives the emails and sometimes spam filters have blocked them.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SP1 has arrived
The latest version according to the subscription center still is Softimage 2011...
There is no mention whatsoever of Softimage 2011 SP1 or even Softimage 2010 SP1.
And this doesn't strike you as odd?
"Download the latest version(s)..."
There is no mention whatsoever of Softimage 2011 SP1 or even Softimage 2010 SP1.
And this doesn't strike you as odd?
"Download the latest version(s)..."
Stay safe, sane & healthy!