edit: the second part of the question still remains, but in the meantime: here's... SP1
So when will SP1 arrive? [deprecated]
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
So when will SP1 arrive? [deprecated]
About three weeks ago Mark Schoennagel told us in his blog Softimage 2011 SP1 was almost ready. My question now is twofold: when will it arrive & what's with all the mystery concerning its release date? I understand why business constraints make announcing full versions beforehand problematic, but I would guess "bug fix" releases belong to another category altogether.

edit: the second part of the question still remains, but in the meantime: here's... SP1
edit: the second part of the question still remains, but in the meantime: here's... SP1
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: So when will SP1 arrive?
simple reason really, for the slight delay, if you can even call it that.....extra testing.
There were some issues that we had to make sure were fixed before releasing the service pack, so that means some extra testing to ensure things were fixed.
There were some issues that we had to make sure were fixed before releasing the service pack, so that means some extra testing to ensure things were fixed.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: So when will SP1 arrive?
Sorry, I don't understand...
I edited my first post in this thread already, as soon as I noticed SP1 had arrived.
If your post is meant to announce the arrival of SP1, it has already been done here
I edited my first post in this thread already, as soon as I noticed SP1 had arrived.
If your post is meant to announce the arrival of SP1, it has already been done here
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: So when will SP1 arrive?
I was just pushing out the actual URL.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: So when will SP1 arrive?
"Our" link was an actual URL to begin with, just not the fancy new one, but a link to the page that the new one redirects to anyway...
;)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!