Hi All
Does anyone know... How do I edit a mesh with an UV in SoftImage so that the UV doesn't move?
Edit a mesh with an UV
-
opoppopopp
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 04:23
Re: Edit a mesh with an UV
If you mean 'texture doesn't move', than maybe you refer to 'UV swim'
SI can do that when you still have texture projection OPerator (not freeze)
otherwise search 'UV Swim ICE' at resource section.
SI can do that when you still have texture projection OPerator (not freeze)
otherwise search 'UV Swim ICE' at resource section.
-
VitLoss
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 08 May 2018, 12:15
Re: Edit a mesh with an UV
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep digging in that direction.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep digging in that direction.
-
opoppopopp
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 04:23
Re: Edit a mesh with an UV
Curious about whether this type of UV editing is commonly used in other DCC software nowadays?
-
VitLoss
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 08 May 2018, 12:15
Re: Edit a mesh with an UV
Yes, I know, all 3D software has something similar. (and it works easier there... after 10 years...
)
By the way.
If your texture projection is frozen, you can use GATOR. To do this, duplicate your geometry (leave both geometries in the same location) and transfer the UVMaps. Then move the Gator modifier to the top of the stack.


I found this method after your tip.
Maybe using ICE would work better... but I haven't figured out how to do it in ICE.
By the way.
If your texture projection is frozen, you can use GATOR. To do this, duplicate your geometry (leave both geometries in the same location) and transfer the UVMaps. Then move the Gator modifier to the top of the stack.


I found this method after your tip.
Maybe using ICE would work better... but I haven't figured out how to do it in ICE.
-
opoppopopp
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 04:23
Re: Edit a mesh with an UV
YesYes, GATOR is the ideal way.
e.g. GATOR Generalized Attribute Transfer Operator plus Operator Stack, maybe will solve more future problem than those "copy xxxx weight/normal/etc." tools.
But we have versatile functions other than 'tools'.VitLoss wrote: 16 Oct 2025, 12:09 Yes, I know, all 3D software has something similar. (and it works easier there... after 10 years...)
e.g. GATOR Generalized Attribute Transfer Operator plus Operator Stack, maybe will solve more future problem than those "copy xxxx weight/normal/etc." tools.