Arms and Hands Rigging

Comments on work in progress
User avatar
matevil
Posts: 63
Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
Location: Italy

Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by matevil » 27 Apr 2025, 10:32

I decided to come back to SI to study the rigging.
I started with simple arms and hands.
Then I want to create the animation and add some FX (maybe with the help of ICE or Houdini)
More updates coming soon

Image

User avatar
matevil
Posts: 63
Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
Location: Italy

Re: Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by matevil » 27 Apr 2025, 15:13

I tried to envelope it and SI report me that error

' WARNING : 3030-DEFO-SIApplyFlexEnv - Command was cancelled.
ApplyFlexEnv

and didn't apply the envelope. How can I fix it?

thanks a lot
Matteo

User avatar
matevil
Posts: 63
Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
Location: Italy

Re: Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by matevil » 27 Apr 2025, 15:17

I also tried with a base geometry (cylinder) and the same issue... :(

User avatar
matevil
Posts: 63
Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
Location: Italy

Re: Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by matevil » 27 Apr 2025, 15:23

I fixed... the wrong sequence of clicks

User avatar
matevil
Posts: 63
Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
Location: Italy

Re: Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by matevil » 20 May 2025, 08:47

I got a problem and I can't get out.
When I apply the position constraint to the effector, my bones change position, and if I move manually (or with Ctrl+J), doesn't it work?


Image

User avatar
matevil
Posts: 63
Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
Location: Italy

Re: Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by matevil » 14 Jun 2025, 17:38

I should need more work, maybe I change a model


User avatar
KrzysztofGryzka
Posts: 16
Joined: 26 Jan 2024, 18:37
Skype: krzysztofgryzka

Re: Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by KrzysztofGryzka » 12 Feb 2026, 16:32

Nice work! I really like all the rigging and weighting tools in XSI.

User avatar
matevil
Posts: 63
Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
Location: Italy

Re: Arms and Hands Rigging

Post by matevil » 24 Feb 2026, 16:57

KrzysztofGryzka wrote: 12 Feb 2026, 16:32 Nice work! I really like all the rigging and weighting tools in XSI.
:-bd