HARRY

Comments on work in progress
User avatar
KrzysztofGryzka
Posts: 16
Joined: 26 Jan 2024, 18:37
Skype: krzysztofgryzka

HARRY

Post by KrzysztofGryzka » 19 Feb 2025, 16:22

Hi!

Another one of my personal projects. I started it years ago, but I never finished this guy because I didn’t have enough time. I’m planning to complete it in Softimage, and this time I’m using Face Robot.

Image
Sculpture was done on ZBrush using VFace, ZWrap, and MARI.

Image
As you can see, I created topology that flows with the skin details. I want to ensure it’s correctly paired with the wrinkle map generated in Face Robot.

Image
Early version: I’m tuning envelopes and weight maps. The model has extra loops near the eyes and forehead to add details to the wrinkle maps.

Image
Some tests.

I’ll share more results with you soon. I’m still considering producing a tension map with this head. I’ve never tried it in Softimage, so maybe you guys have experience with something like that? I mean tension map which will allow me to intense or add additional displacement map in rendering.

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: HARRY

Post by rray » 20 Feb 2025, 00:21

Looking great!
I made a XSI tension map plugin many years ago, it's still in the resources section, not sure how and if it still works. Made it for the same purpose (wrinkle maps) but never actually got to use it :)
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
KrzysztofGryzka
Posts: 16
Joined: 26 Jan 2024, 18:37
Skype: krzysztofgryzka

Re: HARRY

Post by KrzysztofGryzka » 20 Feb 2025, 08:31

Thank you! I'll take a look at your ICE Tension today!