SItoA-7.1.4
-
Jenus
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 16:19
- Location: Sweden
SItoA-7.1.4
Long over due, I finally present to you a new SItoA version.
I was planning on releasing this a lot sooner but I suffered a total harddrive failure a while back and lost a bunch of uncommitted code. So I had to rewrite all of it.
Anyway... here it is.
SItoA 7.1.4 using Arnold 7.1.4.4
Release notes and xsiaddon for Windows is at the Github link below.
https://github.com/JenusL/sitoa/releases/tag/v7.1.4
I was planning on releasing this a lot sooner but I suffered a total harddrive failure a while back and lost a bunch of uncommitted code. So I had to rewrite all of it.
Anyway... here it is.
SItoA 7.1.4 using Arnold 7.1.4.4
Release notes and xsiaddon for Windows is at the Github link below.
https://github.com/JenusL/sitoa/releases/tag/v7.1.4
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Thank you Jenus, this is awesome. Thanks for keeping this alive. I always like to work in XSI as apposed to Maya.
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Hey Jenus
I think I botched the install and now SitoA doesn't work anymore, even previous version, can you tell me what is wrong with this?
This is now showing up even when I try to install 7.0 release.
I think I botched the install and now SitoA doesn't work anymore, even previous version, can you tell me what is wrong with this?
Code: Select all
# ERROR : 2229 - Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "<Script Block 2>", line 41, in XSILoadPlugin
# Application.LoadPlugin(XSIUtils.BuildPath(in_reg.OriginPath, 'ArnoldTools.js'))
# File "<COMObject Application>", line 2, in LoadPlugin
# COM Error: Invalid argument. UI Items should be specified as a 1D array of String/Value pairs. - [line 40 in C:\Users\ironi\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\ArnoldDenoiser.py]
# ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "<Script Block 2>", line 19, in XSILoadPlugin
# dllPath_release = Application.Plugins("Arnold Shaders").OriginPath + "bin\\nt-x86-64\\tbb42.dll";
# AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'OriginPath'
# - [line 18 in C:\Tools\Softimage\VDB2SI_WG\Application\Plugins\bin\nt-x86-64\VDB_shaderDefs_ai.pys]
Application.InstallAddon("C:\\Users\\ironi\\Downloads\\SItoA-7.1.4-windows-2015.xsiaddon", 5)
-
Jenus
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 16:19
- Location: Sweden
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Hi!I3D wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 09:08 Hey Jenus
I think I botched the install and now SitoA doesn't work anymore, even previous version, can you tell me what is wrong with this?
This is now showing up even when I try to install 7.0 release.Code: Select all
# ERROR : 2229 - Traceback (most recent call last): # File "<Script Block 2>", line 41, in XSILoadPlugin # Application.LoadPlugin(XSIUtils.BuildPath(in_reg.OriginPath, 'ArnoldTools.js')) # File "<COMObject Application>", line 2, in LoadPlugin # COM Error: Invalid argument. UI Items should be specified as a 1D array of String/Value pairs. - [line 40 in C:\Users\ironi\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\ArnoldDenoiser.py] # ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last): # File "<Script Block 2>", line 19, in XSILoadPlugin # dllPath_release = Application.Plugins("Arnold Shaders").OriginPath + "bin\\nt-x86-64\\tbb42.dll"; # AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'OriginPath' # - [line 18 in C:\Tools\Softimage\VDB2SI_WG\Application\Plugins\bin\nt-x86-64\VDB_shaderDefs_ai.pys] Application.InstallAddon("C:\\Users\\ironi\\Downloads\\SItoA-7.1.4-windows-2015.xsiaddon", 5)
Looks like some error with another plugin there, VDB2SI_WG. Maybe the load order has changed. Go into plugin manager and make it so that SItoA workgroup loads before the other plugins by moving them up/down.
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Thanks Jenus
I've removed the OpenVDB plugin and that removed the previous error. Still getting another error now, so removed all loaded plugins but not shaking this away, even with v7.0
trying to attach any material creates this error as well
Thanks for your help.
I've removed the OpenVDB plugin and that removed the previous error. Still getting another error now, so removed all loaded plugins but not shaking this away, even with v7.0
Code: Select all
# ERROR : 2229 - Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "<Script Block 2>", line 41, in XSILoadPlugin
# Application.LoadPlugin(XSIUtils.BuildPath(in_reg.OriginPath, 'ArnoldTools.js'))
# File "<COMObject Application>", line 2, in LoadPlugin
# COM Error: Invalid argument. UI Items should be specified as a 1D array of String/Value pairs. - [line 40 in C:\Users\ironi\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\ArnoldDenoiser.py]
Application.InstallAddon("C:\\Users\\ironi\\Downloads\\SItoA-7.1.4-windows-2015.xsiaddon", 5)
# INFO : [sitoa] SItoA 7.1.4 win loaded.
# INFO : [sitoa] Arnold 7.1.4.4 detected.
Code: Select all
# ERROR : 2011 - Member not found - [line 117 in C:\Users\ironi\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\ArnoldMenu.js]
# ERROR : 2011-CUST-SITOA_AddShader - Member not found
Application.SITOA_AddShader("Arnold.standard_surface.1.0", "surface", "", "")
# ERROR : Object doesn't support this property or method - [line 478 in C:\Users\ironi\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\ArnoldMenu.js]
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
The only thing that doesn't seem to be loaded is the denoiser

I can see all the shaders, but trying to apply them to an object produces that error form the previous post.

I can see all the shaders, but trying to apply them to an object produces that error form the previous post.
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Hi Jenus
I've wiped the preference folder and created from scratch. The install error is gone and no more errors are reported when install the plugins. But
when applying any material I keep getting this error and there is no interface.
Any ideas?
I've wiped the preference folder and created from scratch. The install error is gone and no more errors are reported when install the plugins. But
Code: Select all
' ERROR : 2011 - Member not found - [line 117 in C:\Users\ironi\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\ArnoldMenu.js]
' ERROR : 2011-CUST-SITOA_AddShader - Member not found
SITOA_AddShader "Arnold.standard_surface.1.0", "surface"
' ERROR : Object doesn't support this property or method - [line 473 in C:\Users\ironi\Autodesk\Softimage_2015_R2-SP2\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\ArnoldMenu.js]
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Issue is resolved. All that was needed was a restart for XSI and the shaders were loaded. Thanks Jenus 
-
Jenus
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 16:19
- Location: Sweden
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Haha yeah always restart after messing around with plugins 
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
yeah I know, I forgot it's XSI. in Maya and blender it's rock and roll so I forgot for a minute that's not XSI 😂
-
X-said
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 17:33
- Location: Omsk RF
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Jenus, thank you for supporting this plugin for this render.
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
Just a question about licensing.. It appeared on github that sitoa was made free. Is that correct? I'm a bit confused as it doesnt appear to check for a license, but it still renders with a watermark. I wonder if anyone could tell me what the deal is?
-
I3D
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 16:15
- Skype: ironic3d
Re: SItoA-7.1.4
You still need a standalone licensee to run sitoa. It was made free meaning open sourced, and prior to this the plug-in was always behind a gate to subscribers only.