Hello,
How do you make a rigid body simulation involving more than one type of object?
I was able to use "emit from null" to generate an object (or several of them) into a simulation, but what if I want several different objects?
It seems that you cannot have more than one emit from null (and I suppose the same is true for any emitter type)- node in one simulation, right?
I also tried changing the group index of "instance shape" based on frame index, but the emission seems to happen only in the first frame (I want a fixed number of particles, not per second), so I only get the first one. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
rigid body simulation with more than one object type?
-
wannabeArtist
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 06:34
- Location: Finland
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: rigid body simulation with more than one object type?
You can have multiple Emit from Null nodes in your ICE Tree.
The group index should be a number between 0 and N-1, where N is the number of objects in the group.
The group index should be a number between 0 and N-1, where N is the number of objects in the group.
-
wannabeArtist
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 06:34
- Location: Finland
Re: rigid body simulation with more than one object type?
Thanks for the reply,
I tried setting up 2 emit from null nodes, but only the first one gets executed. Is there something else I need to do, or is this something that doesn't work in XSI 7.01?
I tried setting up 2 emit from null nodes, but only the first one gets executed. Is there something else I need to do, or is this something that doesn't work in XSI 7.01?
-
wannabeArtist
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 06:34
- Location: Finland
Re: rigid body simulation with more than one object type?
Hmm...
It seems to work, if the emitters are in the "per second"-mode, but if I switch to total number of particles, that emitter will not emit anything, unless its the first one in the order of execution. Any thoughts on this?
SOLVED: the seed needed to be different on each node.
It seems to work, if the emitters are in the "per second"-mode, but if I switch to total number of particles, that emitter will not emit anything, unless its the first one in the order of execution. Any thoughts on this?
SOLVED: the seed needed to be different on each node.