Hi guys,
I'm kinda rusty in Sitoa. Need to create some shader using Gradient with the properties of the "standard_surface" , but i can't get it to work.
Does someone knows how to create a gradient shader(without ICE) with the nodes from Sitoa?
Like the ramp in Maya?
Gradient in Sitoa 7.0
-
Surface_VR
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 11 May 2020, 12:22
Re: Gradient in Sitoa 7.0
It's a little late for that now.
Is it not possible to simply insert a gradient in the colors?
Just like inserting a gradient into a phong.
https://arnoldsupport.com/2014/08/28/mt ... tor-state/
Is it not possible to simply insert a gradient in the colors?
Just like inserting a gradient into a phong.
https://arnoldsupport.com/2014/08/28/mt ... tor-state/
-
Tenshi
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 14 Jun 2009, 19:36
- Location: CL
Re: Gradient in Sitoa 7.0
Thanks for the idea! Sitoa 7.0 use other type of nodes, different from the example in the link.Surface_VR wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 02:29 It's a little late for that now.
Is it not possible to simply insert a gradient in the colors?
Just like inserting a gradient into a phong.
https://arnoldsupport.com/2014/08/28/mt ... tor-state/
I've been trying everything, hooking up all nodes but with no solution, i'm doing it really wrong i think, not good with shaders.
Edit: Gotcha! What a dumb boy i am, i was connecting it to the base... AND that i need to create some UV's for the object itself. Still the other method "Distance between shading with Vector State" could be achieved without Uv's?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Surface_VR
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 11 May 2020, 12:22
Re: Gradient in Sitoa 7.0
I don't have Arnold so I don't know the details.
If you follow the pictures, I think you can do without the UV.
Does it not reflect changes in gradient type like when you apply a gradient in Mental Ray?
Hmmm... I don't know myself...
If you follow the pictures, I think you can do without the UV.
Does it not reflect changes in gradient type like when you apply a gradient in Mental Ray?
Hmmm... I don't know myself...