-
tuna
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 22 May 2010, 06:38
- Location: Marina Del Rey
Post
by tuna » 31 May 2010, 12:18
Hey guys I've sort of always been annoyed and ashamed of the Softimage community's lack of character rigs for people. For a software based on its "strong animation" it's pretty contradictory. I released this on my site but since my mum and dad don't use Softimage I should at least make a post about it to make it more aware to the community.
So here's a free rig I made a long time ago, although used for my reel and it's designed to be a nice rig for animators. I'm not sure how much "support" (heh) I can give with it since I'm busy doing other things now, but download it and enjoy.
Let me know if it's severely broken I can help a bit, but please consider this an as-is download, lack of naming conventions and all!
-Download Here-
-
Qwesto
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 14:57
- Skype: joetello
Post
by Qwesto » 01 Jun 2010, 11:57
Thanks a ton! I'll test it as soon as I can(Crunch atm)

-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 01 Jun 2010, 13:19
Thanks, tuna, for your free rig!
The situation concerning free rigs for XSI isn't as dire as you suggest, however!
This is however not meant to put down your achievement!!! ;)
I'll open up a new thread...
edit:
here it is.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
redmotion
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
- Location: London
Post
by redmotion » 02 Jun 2010, 12:43
Great looking Character Rig, tuna. Thanks for sharing it.
Which version of Softimage does this work with? It says 900 when I try to import it into the modtool.
EDIT: Looks like 2011. Is there a version available for 2010?
-
tuna
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 22 May 2010, 06:38
- Location: Marina Del Rey
Post
by tuna » 02 Jun 2010, 18:44
redmotion wrote:Great looking Character Rig, tuna. Thanks for sharing it.
Which version of Softimage does this work with? It says 900 when I try to import it into the modtool.
EDIT: Looks like 2011. Is there a version available for 2010?
Sure thing, I forgot about that. I'll make it 2010 when I get home tonight.
[edit] Okay it will now open in 2010.
-
craft
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2010, 23:40
- Location: Portugal
Post
by craft » 03 Jun 2010, 04:25
cool
i agree with you! there's just so few free character rigs for SI out there that's always great when something new shows up. ;) thx man.
-
redmotion
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
- Location: London
Post
by redmotion » 03 Jun 2010, 14:14
Okay it will now open in 2010
Thanks! Will check it out tonight!
-
redmotion
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
- Location: London
Post
by redmotion » 06 Jun 2010, 23:01
Hey, this is a great rig. Thanks again for sharing.
Are there any controls for the fingers?
-
tuna
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 22 May 2010, 06:38
- Location: Marina Del Rey
Post
by tuna » 08 Jun 2010, 03:22
redmotion wrote:Hey, this is a great rig. Thanks again for sharing.
Are there any controls for the fingers?
They're just chains in FK so rotate them, or hack the rig and build your own controllers how you like them

(if you don't see them you need to be in x-ray mode so the lines display through the mesh, or change the bone display to be something else)
Glad you like it, I left most of the controls really direct and simple which isn't to everyone's liking but it's how I like it (I think I actually made this back in 2006 so it's pretty old now)
-
redmotion
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
- Location: London
Post
by redmotion » 09 Jun 2010, 13:02
Hi tuna,
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going add the finger bones myself, see how I get on!
-
farhaad_yousefi
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:45
- Yahoo Messenger: farhaad_yousefi@yahoo.com
- Location: tehran-iran
Post
by farhaad_yousefi » 09 Jun 2010, 16:54
SUP...PERRRR.!!!!

-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Post
by mattmos » 13 Jun 2010, 08:50
Nice! Look forward to having a play. Thanks for releasing it

-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Post
by julius » 19 Nov 2010, 13:24
Thanks for this simple but very nice rig !
I have only one problem with it : upvectors for the arms are not working in ik mode...Is it the same for you?
Thanks