VDB time offsets RedShift Volume Grid

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
nick_ryan
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 17:48

VDB time offsets RedShift Volume Grid

Post by nick_ryan » 14 Dec 2019, 16:05

Hi,

I am importing VDB files into Softimage, and had a question on how I would create time offsets on the vdb files/

Say I had 250 frames in a vdb sequence of fire, is there a simple way of changing the start frame in that sequence - for example have one Volume grid start at frame 1 and another at frame 25.

In the manual it says ‘The Frame parameter can be animated or driven by expressions.’

I’m useless at expressions but would anyone know what I could put there to achieve offsets in timings?

Many thanks,

Nick

User avatar
owei
Administrator
Posts: 840
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
Location: Siegen/Germany

Re: VDB time offsets RedShift Volume Grid

Post by owei » 15 Dec 2019, 18:30

HEy!
not to hart. The expression should be something like that "Fc +20" for example..Fc for the current frame plus X or what ever ;)
The VDB filename must have "#" as placeholder for the framenumber..like here seen..
hope this helps!

cheers,
oli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nick_ryan
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 17:48

Re: VDB time offsets RedShift Volume Grid

Post by nick_ryan » 16 Dec 2019, 12:05

Thanks Oli,

That does the trick - I had put T+1.0 and then Fr+10 for example - and that didn't work!

Apologies for posting in the Simulation thread...

Thanks for the help!

Nick

User avatar
owei
Administrator
Posts: 840
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
Location: Siegen/Germany

Re: VDB time offsets RedShift Volume Grid

Post by owei » 16 Dec 2019, 12:11

Cool that it helped. On the expression window you can click on the "Function" button and you will get a hint about the syntax.
No problem with the double post, I just wanted to mention that. We are not that restrictive here ;)

Cheers,
oli