I was thinking I could use this ICE feather generator for a bird. But... how do I bake all of those ice strands into a NORMAL map? Anyone has an idea?
Baking ICE strands into a Normal map? (Feathers)
-
sirdavid32
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 03:36
- Location: Ecuador
Baking ICE strands into a Normal map? (Feathers)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/3dcinetv
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Baking ICE strands into a Normal map? (Feathers)
Did you try good old rendermap or ultimapper? (with a high enough camera distance so the rendermap camera is hovering over the feathers)
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
sirdavid32
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 03:36
- Location: Ecuador
Re: Baking ICE strands into a Normal map? (Feathers)
Ultimapper. It worked right out of the box.
Now I need to mix many normal maps
Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/3dcinetv
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com